Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys newbie here, I've just bought a 2003 2.0 hdi 90 bhp . in the mornings or whenever the engine is cold it feels as if it doesn't have a turbo? No eml light on , are there any pointers any of you could give me? Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Could be a faulty MAF sensor. I had one on my 110hp model and it would be poor acceleration until it got to 3k rpm. Mine was good when cold but bad when hot. Try unplugging it and running it without it. If it makes matters worse then it's probably not that. Mine gave no EML lights either.
Could possibly be a poor temp sensor.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
No use guessing. :rolleyes:

Scan the system with pp2000 and see if there are any codes present and, most importantly, check the live readings and see if actual boost matches calculated boost [among other live readings]. Otherwise you will just chase your own tail around and go on a partsfest...

·
6,244 Posts
Check vac system for leaks and hard rubbers. The turbo is not vac controlled but some version still have a doser valve which can stay shut with low vac (more so when cold as any oil on the valve is more sticky) and strangle the boost

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had this issue on my 2002 110 307sw it turned out to be the control value going to the turbo. mine was down the front of the engine best to get to it under the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts