Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2.0 hdi it wont start, so I plugged in my Delphi clone and it said the tps is "short circuit to positive or open circuit

The owner of the car has said if he disconnects the pressure sensor on the rail it starts then dies shortly after

I have put a used "Known to be good" tps on the car and no change

It did have antipoluttion on the screen but I have not checked to see if it has a fap or anything

Has anyone any ideas or any experience of the same problem ?

I have ordered a planet or lexia clone to see if it gives more detailed faults

Thanks in advance

David

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
TPS not necessary to start you need live data readings while cranking to see whats wrong codes are useless.

Antipollution has nothing directly to do with FAP you can get antipollution on cars without FAP and petrols :)

Delphi can give you all the info you need to find the fault planet not essential

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not used to Peugeot cars, I am a mechanic on large plant equipment
Not common rail engines

At 54 I am still learning

Is disconnecting the high pressure sensor sending it in to default mode to start the engine

I find this very strange

I will put my Delphi back on it today

Is there anywhere on the forum where I can look at the "normal readings for pump pressure etc etc

David

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Unplugging the rail sensor makes it default to 400 bar i think never actually checked

You need live data for

Cam and crank sync = yes

Engine cranking speed of 120rpm absolute min preferably 250-300 rpm

Fuel pressure of 298 bar but anything over 200 should allow starting

If you have those 3 things the engine will start everything else is refinement airflow etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried this evening to get some live data but for some unknown reason it wont talk to the ecu for live data but will talk to other systems

I have attached a screen shot of what it says about the bsi

maybe this is one of the problems ?

plus the remote on the key needs repairing so need to solder new micro switch in this week

David

Attachments

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
looks like the bsi is not getting comms with the engine ecu and its not unlocking it that then can stop comms with the engine ecu so although what windy says is worth a look it may be a comms issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have ordered a PP2000 Lexia 3 Diagnostic Interface Scaner Diag For Peugeot Citroen V7

this should arrive in france before the weekend hopefully

And no it does not make a sound after I try to start and turn off ignition "Leaving the key in" and opening the door

David

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Thats your problem then and is also why its not letting you read the engine ecu it is not reading the key thus engine ecu is not being unlocked

Delphi stuff should be able to see immobiliser info in BSI this will confirm if key is problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will wait until the weekend unless the planet comes then like a kid with a new toy must play with it

It is very dark when I get home in an evening and it is outside in my barn

No space in the garage too many cars

I will keep you posted, and maybe do the key micro switches at work tomorrow

David

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Its not the microswitches that only does the central locking there are 2 separate parts to the key the remote for locking and the chip for the immobiliser the key works fine without the remote working

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
but to do a bsi reset from what I have read they need to work to press lock for 10 secs or so etc

plus they need doing and we don't have a lot of work in at the min

profit while I can

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so what do I need to re initialise the keys I don't have the credit card key no

But I know a man in Peugeot france who I can give the vin no if that is what it takes

He works at a Peugeot dealers I presume he has access to the system

Thanks
David

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
You need the access code and it needs input into the immobiliser system in the bsi but before you even do that you need to go back in the bsi and check if it is seeing the key

Is the central display working as it could be a fuse issue !

It may be possible to program the keys with your delphi not sure i have never tried but if it can it will work similar to planet i know launch can do it as i have done it with this in past delphi is similar so depending on version may well be able to do it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well the Peugeot diag arrived and after a lot of install and updates I erased the faults to start from zero and low and behold I opened the door and it bleeps to say the key was left in so I tried to start it and Begger me it started

It cut out seconds after and I read the fault and below is the result

It seems the HP Pump is the problem, The regulator Jammed, so now to finish breakfast and take it out to have a look for swarf and to see if the piston is free.

It is a bit of a bugger it was not giving the symptoms of the pump as we have dci motors on machines and normally my Delphi diag shows them up with the same code and description

I will keep you posted

David

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts