Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a weird issue on my 407 that has happened 4 times in last 2 years. Suddenly white driving the car would completely stop and would not start.

However, after 5 minutes, the car would start. Out of 4 times in last two years, 2 times has been in past 1 month. I am very worried and no longer take the car out in case it stops again and I am unable to start it. If I take it to a garage, they are unable to check anything because the car works at the time.

I have a warning light that says "DPF additive too low". A year earlier I had someone fill in 1 litre of the additive but being a local garage, he didnt know how to reset the warning sign.

Any clue on this would be helpful.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hello,

I have a warning light that says "DPF additive too low". A year earlier I had someone fill in 1 litre of the additive but being a local garage, he didnt know how to reset the warning sign.

So you've been driving around for a year with a DPF warning light on?? :confused:

Fluid levels are reset through Peugeot Planet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I have a weird issue on my 407 that has happened 4 times in last 2 years. Suddenly white driving the car would completely stop and would not start.

However, after 5 minutes, the car would start. Out of 4 times in last two years, 2 times has been in past 1 month. I am very worried and no longer take the car out in case it stops again and I am unable to start it. If I take it to a garage, they are unable to check anything because the car works at the time.

You need to plug in a planet or lexia kit. They are cheap and a must have for any peogeot owner. Read all fault codes first.

It could be a host of issues. common ones could be cam sensor/crank sensor, fuel regulator, or a variety of other faults. once you read all fault codes i can advise more.

·
Registered
15,162 Posts
You need to find someone who knows what they are doing filling the fluid and not resetting the counter means the car would not have been regenerating properly as unless counters are reset it still sees an empty tank !

This in turn can lead to the DPF getting clogged up and causing no end of issues including random cutting out turbo failure engine runaway can then be a possibility leading to a dead engine

Get it looked at pronto and fix it properly or you will be yet another who gives peugeot a bad name when infact the lack of maintainance is the real issue !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello,

This sounds very much like a problem I had (except I have no issues with the additive). If you read my thread you may or may not find things in common. http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/2-0-hdi-cutting-out-322169/
As for me, I got the codes read with nothing remarkable coming of that. The problem has gone away as mysteriously as it came. I'm keen to know if you find any smoking gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts