Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

I am hoping someone may be able to help with a very strange issue I am seeing... It's got me stumped! I have a Suzuki Grand Vitara with the mighty Peugeot RHZ engine (DW10ATED I believe). I suffered head gasket failure in December, and being unable to remove the injectors from the head in order to get it skimmed, I resorted to buying another RHZ engine (also from a Suzuki). My old engine ran fine, just splurted all the coolant out of the breather every 40 miles or so!

Having installed the replacement engine (from a reputable source with a 30 day warranty), I cannot get it to run... It cranks over, but the high pressure fuel pump is not pumping any diesel through it. I have replaced the diesel filter, and the tank electric pump, and it's getting a decent supply of diesel to the pump inlet, but I took the pipe off the outlet from the pump to check and it's not pumping anything through. I've tried changing the solenoid valve thing on the top of the pump with the one off my old engine, and it hasn't made any difference. I've tested the feed to this valve, and it shows a steady 3v while the ignition is on. however this does not appear to move the valve.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the pump isn't pumping? I don't really want to change the pump off the old engine as I don't think that's the issue here... Could it be an electrical problem (if that top solenoid thing is a stop valve?), or is there a way to bleed the system that I am unaware of, as the fuel rail is empty... Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely stuck.

I have PP2000, but I don't know if this is compatible as the vehicle is a Suzuki.. If any other members near Southampton need diagnostics I can help out, especially if you can get my truck running! :)

Many Thanks
Graham

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
make sure all injector connections are on and tight as a fuel leak will stop the pump letting fuel out.

try using some easy start in the air intake to see if it runs on easy start, you will need to get someone to spray it in while someone turns key

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, it did run on easy start, just sounded horrendous! I managed to get to the bottom of the problem though, The new diesel pump that came on the replacement engine wouldn't let any fuel through it. I swapped it out with my pump off my old engine, and the electric diesel pump at the tank pushed fuel straight through it without the engine cranking. The old pump wouldn't allow any fuel through even when cranking the engine. I bled the rail and injectors and it fired straight up :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts