Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
Been reading this forum for days now searching and looking for answers - Since no old topic helped i will try to explain my fault here:

The car was just recently bought with knowledge of that it will not start unless you unhook the rail pressure sensor. Starts up but goes in limp mode.

Anyway i bought it as my first Peugeot ever for me and thought "easy fix" :) Boy was i wrong....

Ok The car has started on different occasions since i changed the Rail pressure sensor, whent for ever on idle, steady on 800 rpm. Soon as you started to roll and give it some gas it died. Now not starting again.

So i measured the pre fuel pump having delivery of 7 bars. Then hooked it to live data and could read only 109 bars pressure (still uncertain of where the measure takes place?) Cranking idle around 300 rpm.... Changed the fuel filter and checked lines for leakage.
So i ended up with a used pressure regulator (for the hpp) from the local scrap yard and changed. - ran the starter for aprox 15 sek then stopped. (read somewhere that at least 10 sek will open injectors for air bleeding the system.)
After that tried again and started perfect! - No limp mode and no MIL lamp. :) let it ran for 10 min or so and checked that there was nothing wrong (temp etc). Stopped it and got myself ready for a test run....
Guess what now it will not start again.......

Can anyone nodge me in the right direction on where to start looking??
Im all out on ideas...

Model year 2002 Fap RHS

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok will add some more facts here...

Changed the fel rail pressure sensor and ended up with a value of 89 bars when cranking... old value said 149? Changed back and steady 89 bars.
Is it time to order a reconditioned HPP or is there anything else to check before i do order one?

I did measure the the fuel pressure out from the filter housing to the HPP and only got 1 bar. Have seven bar when measuring on the lift pump directly.

Have checked everything else really...

any tips on something im missing? Havn´t had any previous experience with Peugeot.

HPP is a Bosch 0445010046 only found reconditioned with nr 0445010010 will this fit?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Same trouble i got with the same engine...i start mine every single time with a little spray of easy start (i know) it really pisses me off....ive been told to check the fuel filter is done up tight enough....i did it up with a hammer and screwdriver and it does not leak...so now im as stuck as you....:mad:

It got worse over time to the point it never starts on its own now....new starter(1.7kw) new battery... new injector...leak off test done....im actually starting to get sick of repeating these bits looking for help...

I'd be very interested to see how you get on....especially with the hp pump as thats what im considering....oh and mines done 147k...enigine sounds ok when its running but whatevers stopping it starting is also making it not quite run correctly......

Sorry to ramble on....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there :thumb:

Thought this forum had died was watching 24/7 for a reply but nothing....
I mean i cant be the only one with this problem and seen threads before but as usaul the ones not already sold for not having the stamina to solve it or just didn´t bother making an end to the threads by just writing how they fixed it...

Be sure that i will follow this up to the end! :lol:

Ok mine isn´t really running rough when starting but lately it will not start at all. Have you by any chans measured the lift pump in tank? Mine is a bit hard to read... when measuring without anything connected to it it says 7 bars on the lift pump. But when i disconect the line to high pressure pump from filter i only read 1 bar.
Will start work tommorow and build myself a pressure gauge to measure the output of the highpressure pump on the pipe connected to the rail.
This will give me a 100% read on which of my rail pressure sensors are ok.. (might ad that i found 3 on my local scrap dealer!) 3 are showing 89 bars steady when cranking and one 149. So most likely it´s the one that´s faulty.

Mine had the anti pollution fault and esr asp not working.... all this due to the fact that high pressure fault. The all went out when i finally started the engine and ran it.

I despite all the facts didnt change the complete housing of the fuel filter i just took it apart cleaned it and replaced the o-ring and the gasket along with filter and mine is air tight too.

Might ad to you that i even ran the lift pump with a remote battery making it run all the time just to see if it helped. No luck there.

Oh and i also changed the pressure regulator on the HPP as this could also be a last resort for not starting. (Got it from a running car on the scrapyard) Since i found out a new one costs 175 pounds(!) and a reconditioned pump costs 239 Pounds with a return of 45 pounds when sending back yours.
Since i leave in sweden my costs for returning would probably be to expensive to send back so i wont.

Hope this shades some light with us not giving up on 307´s :thumb:

·
Registered
673 Posts
i don't think i have a problem with the regulator on the hp pump as i unplugged it to try start the car and it immediately gave me a mil light but still would not start.(and i replaced all the o rings on it too).....same with the sensor on the rail...

It cut out on me twice about two weeks ago and threw up p1112 something about low pressure in the high pressure system (leak)...everything is tight as it can be and there are no leaks....

PP2000 is a bit of a red herring...its more like a diy'ers toy than a full dealer diagnostics.....i mean why have all these cryptical fault codes instead of just something like ''p0001 your alternator is dead''

Incidentally i have no fault codes stored other than the ones ive generated my self disconnecting shit....

Ive followed all advice given to me on here and it still dont start and stands me at far more than its worth....

If you do decide to replace the hp pump then please complete this thread....and let me know how you get on....

Thanks Elma....:thumb:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Just to add to this i checked again today and still no fault codes....although i did notice on cranking that the fuel pressure is only 110-118 bars which is well shy of the 280ish it needs to fire...sooooo what could be causing said low pressure...:D

D

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a pump problem. Get the output pressure checked coming from it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys
Im now back from work i will dedicate this weekend for my 307...

Built mysef a pressure gauge to measure directly from the HPP output.
Im sadly enough still waiting for my HPP and Timingbelt+Waterpump from UK.

But recived my new "in tank" pump now and will fit this and do my measures again to see if an difference with measuring from filter output to Hpp.

Will just have to see who gets this done first :thumb:
Bit of cheating there i think to leave the job to a workshop!! :lol:
Im doing mine outside in my driveway... Bit tricky but will have to do since not running at all now.

Cheers

·
Registered
673 Posts
Mate did the job myself the day after i posted.....just couldnt wait....

So lets get this right ok...

so far ive changed,

1, hp pump

2, fuel pressure rail,

3, fuel pressure sensor x3

4, fuel pressure regulator on pump,

5, 1 x injector (leak off test showed one faulty),

6, engine coolant temp sensor

7, new starter

8, new battery

Still this damn car wont start on the key but will with a bit of easy start....

Im starting to wonder if im wasting my time.....Fuel pressure in planet reads about 110-117 bar no matter what i change....How can this be possible when ive changed every part of the high pressure system....

Still no fault codes and still no help from my £100 worth of planet diag kit....

Should i just weigh it in or what?????

P.s. betty you win...lol...:thumb:

P.p.s wow that damn cam belt cover is a cow to get off....lol....

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
It's turning over alright just not starting?
You checked immo parameters when starting?
Does it see the key when turning over and not starting?
With easy start how long will it run or just start and cut out?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
673 Posts
yes mate everything is normal......as i say it goes with easy start..and then it runs mint when its going.....:thumb:

The wierd thing is that anytime i remove part of the hp system and then replace it or put it back it will go with the key...then leave it stood to wash my hands and wont start again....:thumb:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is this Bosch or Siemens? If Bosch, it needs about 15psi at the HP pump. Less, and it'll restrict flow to the pumping section (to keep the cam lubed). And on most there's a pressure-control valve inside the top of the filter housing @ about 35psi. That'd be worth a look, and I'd probably want to tee a pressure gauge into the supply at the HP pump to confirm.

If Siemens, I'd be looking for an air leak in the supply line...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi

I had this problem in the past turn out to be fuel filter housing giving back pressure to Hp pump and shutting off the inlet bypass valve on pump.
So each time I removed and replaced any fuel pipe it would start as it removed the back pressure.

Thanks Vpug :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This doesn´t look good for us....
Still havn´t recived any parts yet but now im not too optimistic about my outcome for my new parts...

Mounted the new lift pump today and finally got my 2-2,5 bars from filter output to HPP. But as like before just turning the engine and no firing up.

A little sidetrack though... every once in a while my oil level indicator when ign turned on shows low level?? Just turn the key of a couple of times and voila full level indication.... don´t know if this has anything to do with our problem but..

Elmafudd do you have any new clues? My friend thought i should set my car on fire... but i will not give up that easy! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts