Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,027 Posts
what kinda smell funny ??

·
Registered
394 Posts
I never used to notice my 307 doing regens, but my 407 makes a proper deal out of them. Car starts to run lumpy, jerks under throttle input and if I drop the clutch and let it idle, it picks the revs up from 500 to 1200 by itself to stop it from stalling, also chucks out clouds of black smoke.

Car hooked onto planet lately and dpf load was 33%, last regen 280km and predicted life 18,000 miles (ish, converted from km) additive just under half full.

Seems to do it between 330 and 460 mile intervals and fan always running, so I certainly suspect dpf. Don't know if coincidence, but always seems to happen when low on fuel :confused:

I've heard the driver mirror heater comes on when regens occur, is it warm to the touch? If I were to open the window and touch the mirror, would I notice so I could confirm dpf?

C

·
0 Posts
I never used to notice my 307 doing regens, but my 407 makes a proper deal out of them. Car starts to run lumpy, jerks under throttle input and if I drop the clutch and let it idle, it picks the revs up from 500 to 1200 by itself to stop it from stalling, also chucks out clouds of black smoke.

Seems to do it between 330 and 460 mile intervals and fan always running, so I certainly suspect dpf. Don't know if coincidence, but always seems to happen when low on fuel :confused:

I never noticed regens etc in my 407 but funnily enough it seemed to run rough when low on fuel refilled tank and all was well again until low on fuel again strange eh?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Take it for a 30 minute blast on the motorway keeping above 75, should run sweet after that but the next time you fill up put redex diesel in full bottle, clears injectors out pretty cool how it works tbh, let us know the outcome :) Craig.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well, I do 125 miles a day in the car, and it's been suspiciously reliable lately and has behaved for the last 900 miles or so, so I don't know what to do now :confused:

Also had a barrage of rear light cluster faults lately and constant tpms warnings that have mysteriously vanished.

I can feel a big breakdown coming on... :uhoh:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Let it develop, I guess :rolleyes:

I copped a bad regen this morning.
First, I noticed the rear screen had cleared quickly, and the temperature gauges were off their marks quickly. Then I noticed the economy was way down and the penny dropped. Opened the window and felt the mirror and it wasn't cold.
Averaged 23mpg when I normally get 40 :mad:

As well as the heated mirror LED trick, I'd like to get a readout of the exhaust gas temperature but Torque doesn't seem to do that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well, I was right, my big breakdown happened today.

Was driving at 70 on the cruise as usual and the cruise disengaged and I got a water in particle filter message and then anti pollution and limp mode. As it was 6 in the morning with no other traffic, I flicked the key off and on again and it picked up, but now only gave me 1000 revs and I could just about catch a big haul of smoke out the back.

After coasting it to a halt on the hard shoulder I tried a reboot, key out, lock, unlock and start again.

Ran perfectly all the way to work and back.

Fuuuuuu£$$$*$&*Rck :mad:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Aye, might have to. Before that I need to give it a good service, although the service counter says 5000 miles left, £10 says it hasn't been done since the book was last stamped in like 1985 :eek: :nod:

Maths always was my strong subject in school :p

Also, low fuel light came on about 2 miles down the road so I tanked it as I was early (£87.50!!!!!!) so the low fuel bug continues, duh duh duuuuh! :D

C

·
0 Posts
Must have had my 407 6+ years now and never noticed a regen yet, always wait til fuel light is on before filling and often drive 25 miles or more with light on. Planet tells me all is fine with dpf.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts