Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
* 22nd may RESOLVED - oil leaking from intercooler hose doser flap.

Hi,

Have had oil leakage from the top of my engine now for some time. Noticed it about 5 months ago - have been keeping an eye on it and its not got any worse. Never required an oil top up since buying around 13000 miles ago, (although ive recently changed the oil on it), so its certainly not losing much at all.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tFebar5eiDgdjmKMwU9JxIRwVgimX0eUu9_Unt9Lcug?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/v6GZilFV7_l3zli7qb9DOoRwVgimX0eUu9_Unt9Lcug?feat=directlink

My guess is its misting from the big pipe (pictured) - is this something to do with the turbo? Anything to be concerned about?

Cheers!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i thought mine was bad lol, i had the same thing happen on mine and i took it off and give it a good clean and in no time it was back again it was not till i was talking to bonzo from the site he was telling me his was like that and he removed it and put some silicone round the inside where the doser/flap goes into there is a rubber seal round the doser/flap so after time i would say it gives up and started to let some oil out any how i put some silicone round the doser/fap and its been clean ever since! :thumb:

and the big pipe is your intercooler hose ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Cmax, thanks for your reply.

From what youre saying then it sounds as though its not something too serious, so thats good!

But sorry - ive not understood where you apply the sealant? Is the leak coming from round the intercooler hose - is that what i need to take off?

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you take off the 2 10mm bolts on the doser/flap and you seal the round the lip once you take it off you will see the lip you want to put the sealer round there i will try and find a picture of what i mean

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Cmax, did you manage to get that pic yet?

Also, can you confirm what type of sealant I need - high temperature tolerance?

cheers

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
quick guide for 110 users that have oil leaking round the air doser,

this is a really simple fix its worked for me and i hope it works for you!

what you will need:

silicone sealer
10mm socket
flat head screw driver
clean rag or kitchen roll

Step 1: remove your top intercooler hose

Step 2: undo the 2x 10mm bolts that hold the air doser in place

Step 3: clean off the oil around the doser and the inside lip of the inlet

Step 4: now get the silicone sealer put a beed around the inside of the intake and let it cure for 15-20mins

Step 5: now its time to rebuild it back up :thumb:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lovely. Nice one mate, helped a lot.

Work done this evening. The flap unit was tricky to extract - obviously undid the bolts and firmly pulled it from the intake pipe, but then it requires a bit of wiggling to remove it completely as some of the injector components restricted it a little.

I didnt apply as much silicone as you did, just a bead around the inner flange/lip. Cleaned up around the area so time will tell - hopefully the oil wont return.

It looks to have a vacuum actuator for the flap unit, and the rubber pipe to this comes away very easily on mine. Found a piece of plastic tube that formed a nice collar to the rubber pipe to tighten it up, so a double fix today!

Cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts