Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hia!

I have had a feeling somethings up with my 2007 407 2.0 HDI.
Since i did not get any warnings i tried ignoring it, (guess what, it did not get the job done). Its been feeling really sluggish, towing´s been a real pain and dont mention a gentle hill, its actually decelerating on speed control!

I eventually plugged in a ELM interface (yes yes, i know, new Lexia is on order, figure its better to start from what i know) and pulled out the fault codes: P0299 P2562
Which would mean the wastegate actuator is not moving as expected and theres a lack of boost, im fairly confident there will be boost if the wastegate starts to move since the turbo was replaced about 2-3 years ago.

Turned on some logging and went for a short testdrive going up to 60+ish Mph, being early, i slowly got out on the motorway and floored it til 3rd gear 3k revs, which was embarresingly slow...

Reviewing the logs, load was peak at 54% not sure what parameters taken into consideration there, what was beliveable tho was the total absence of boost pressure, only reaction i pretty much got was some slight vaccum while engine braking.

Ive tested the vacuum pump which seems to be working fine, and should be throwing more or other fault codes.
I have checked most of the visible vacuum pipes and hoses without result.
Removed and cleaned the EGR which was closed upon removal.
Cleared logs successfully but same faults pop up again after another run.
Engine running fine other than the lack of power, runs even and no hesitations.

Starting to panic, imagening the wastegate actuator has unscrewed/broke forcing me to rip the engine out since i cannot see any access to the turbo from either top nor bottom...

Where is the wastegate operated from? What controls it and is it accessible without dropping the engine?
Is there a remote chance of squeezing in a hand (under a great deal of pain i presume) and feeling the WG arm if its loose?
I had a look at the pressure hoses and pipeing from the top, but a popped hose should present itself with other fault codes.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Kind regards.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hia!

I have had a feeling somethings up with my 2007 407 2.0 HDI.
Since i did not get any warnings i tried ignoring it, (guess what, it did not get the job done). Its been feeling really sluggish, towing´s been a real pain and dont mention a gentle hill, its actually decelerating on speed control!

I eventually plugged in a ELM interface (yes yes, i know, new Lexia is on order, figure its better to start from what i know) and pulled out the fault codes: P0299 P2562
Which would mean the wastegate actuator is not moving as expected and theres a lack of boost, im fairly confident there will be boost if the wastegate starts to move since the turbo was replaced about 2-3 years ago.

Turned on some logging and went for a short testdrive going up to 60+ish Mph, being early, i slowly got out on the motorway and floored it til 3rd gear 3k revs, which was embarresingly slow...

Reviewing the logs, load was peak at 54% not sure what parameters taken into consideration there, what was beliveable tho was the total absence of boost pressure, only reaction i pretty much got was some slight vaccum while engine braking.

Ive tested the vacuum pump which seems to be working fine, and should be throwing more or other fault codes.
I have checked most of the visible vacuum pipes and hoses without result.
Removed and cleaned the EGR which was closed upon removal.
Cleared logs successfully but same faults pop up again after another run.
Engine running fine other than the lack of power, runs even and no hesitations.

Starting to panic, imagening the wastegate actuator has unscrewed/broke forcing me to rip the engine out since i cannot see any access to the turbo from either top nor bottom...

Where is the wastegate operated from? What controls it and is it accessible without dropping the engine?
Is there a remote chance of squeezing in a hand (under a great deal of pain i presume) and feeling the WG arm if its loose?
I had a look at the pressure hoses and pipeing from the top, but a popped hose should present itself with other fault codes.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Kind regards.
sounds to me like the turbo electro valve they are about £40 brand new from dealers but you could swap with egr one to test it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke to several mechanics i know and worked with many years ago.
All 3 mechanics and a service manager told me its a vacuum leak.
First hour or two i could not find any split hoses, i finally tried unplugging the vacuum feed tube/hose where it connects to the electro valve and blew into it.

There was a slight whistling at the leak and i could not pressurize the tube by blowing on it.
Having a friend come over and sticking a bicycle pump into the tube i found a barely visible hairline crack in a Y junktion pipe under the pressure hose where its connected to the manifold.

Replaced it with a generic windscreen washer Y junction pipe.
Since the hoses are quite stiff i crushed the plastic pipe in the hoses with some flat pliers (dont use pliers with any teeth or you will damage the vacuum hoses) and pulled the crushed pipe out of the hoses with the pliers.

After replacing the Y pipe i heated the hoses slightly with a lighter to soften them up and enusure a snug fit.

I used a 3mm Y pipe, only had 3 or 5mm. I strongly belive 4mm might be a better fit.

Boost is back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts