Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shrug2: My 407 is now seven months old with 15000 km on the odometre and I have had the same problem occur twice, firstly in July and again this past week.

The engine starts intermittantly and subtly hunting with the taco needle slightly moving as the engine does this.

Eventually it gets to the point that it is uncomfortable and then the particle filter warning lights up in the display panel and the warning of filter blockage is displayed on the MFD.

As per the owners manual the car was driven at higher revs which equates to higher speed and the warnings disappear along with the surging.

The first time this happened Peugeot had my car towed to the workshop some 50 km from home under their roadside assistance scheme and the techs worked on it to discover nothing at all. This included pulling the fuel filter, computer diagnostics, plug checking, head scratching etc.

I booked the car in again this morning for this second occurance prior to the FAP warnings. This is when I put two and two together as to when it occurs.

I live in rural Australia and the car is forever being driven on the open highway.

Has anyone else come across this happening? I have read about the warning lights but not the engine hunting.

I am also suspicious of the quality of the deisel fuel available here as only BP meets the European standard.

Cheers from sunny upover Australia where the sun shines all year round.

cogs
Life was so much simpler in the '60's

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have notice a lot of people have read this thread and no one has replied. It does not surprise me.

My 407 spent a week with the local Peugeot dealer and between themselves and the Peugeot work platform in Kuala Lumpar, Malysia, they were not able to find the reason for it.

There were no abnormal codes, filters all clear and the whole time it was away it performed as it should.

Neither of them have come across it before and if it happens again they want me to stop driving the car and have it towed to them and then hopefully they can then diagnose the problem.

So until then no one will know. Should it happen again I will post the results and what was done. :shrug:

Regards to all.

cogs
Life was so much simpler in the '60's

G

·
Nacked MAF.

I can't see aynthing downstream of the combustion chamber being responsible for those symptoms.

Far too much reliance on trouble codes - they should be used when conventional diagnostic techniques fail, not the other way around. I rarely have to resort to the reader.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chopper,

After the combustion chamber is the whole exhaust systm to play fun and games.

Past experience has shown me that partially blocked exhausts can do some very strange things. It just seems strange that once the FAP regenerates itself all is back to normal.

The reason the dealer resorted to codes was because nothing else was detected and having worked on modern aircraft as an airframe and engine technician they can be of either great value or no value at all.

They were able to get the FAP to regenerate while at idle (via laptop) but not on the run, hence why no one is any the wiser. One train of thought was the sensing system for the FAP. Who knows?

As I said earlier I will repost if it happens again and an answer is found.

regards

cogs
Life was so much simpler n the '60's

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the delay in this reply.

Was your 407 doing the same silly things before you put in the cleaner. The dealer found absolutely nothing which is what makes it so hard. A bit like cahsing electrical faults if you know what I mean, You see things working but you can't see the electricity moving. :circle:

Cheers and merry Christmas,

Cogs
Life was so much simpler in the '60's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts