Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the direction/location, with a pic please, of the blue plug on the egr solenoid on the 2.0 HDi?

Done the vaccum pipe, but want a belt and braces approach.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only one I can see anywhere near the location you describe, is at the bottom of the solenoid where I have took the vaccum pipe off.

It's slightly to the right of the starter, and in front of it.

Other than that, a one on the gearbox.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Lol. Just been looking at that thread, and yes, it is a 90bhp.

The blue plug that I am on about is difficult to see with all the pipework in the way, but does look like that one Windy, so I will pull it tomorrow and let you know.

Bloody anti pollution warning and eml are a pain in the arras, (Been on since I bought the car 3 years ago.) but I have been using Millers additive recently, and while the message and light haven't gone off, the car pulls like a train through the gears.

Need a PP2000 user nearby, although my Delphi is showing up 2 faults that keep coming back when cleared. Iirc, they are p0400 and p0402

Cheers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right.

Managed to unplug the blue plug from under the solenoid, cleared the faults with my cheaper reader, which were the numbers given above, and will monitor it and see what happens.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well.

Blue plug disconnected, fault codes cleared, and 85 miles later, no anti pollution warning, and the car is still pulling like a train. Had I have known this, I would have done it 3 years ago when I bought the bloody car!!!!

However, I am now thinking that the EGR solenoid could have caused the fault, and wondered if it would be worth replacing it to see if that is/was the case.

Then again, if there are no lights........:thumb:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I would replace - the EGR helps with reducing emissions - and if I recall the MOT inspector will be unhappy if he sees that the EGR has been disabled - same with the particle filter - it will fail mot without one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I wont have any problem with the particle filter, because my car is a 90bhp so doesn't have one.

As for the EGR valve solenoid, the tester wont see that the blue plug is disconnected, or at least he won't at the next mot in 12 months, saying as he didn't see it last time.

As long as it passes the emissions on the meter, then I don't think I need to worry. A new air filter and a good dose of Millers just before the test sorts that out.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Why don’t you cap the pipe off further up towards the egr valve and plug the sensor back in if your that worried about mot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts