Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I wish to clean the EGR valve or possibly replace it by removing it.
Can someone please give me the location of the EGR on the 2.0 HDi... think its the 110hp model

I was told back right hand side of engine looking from the front, going to go out and tackle it in a moment once back from work as i can't be dealing with all these issues i have

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's at the back of the engine (assuming it's the same engine as the 136 2.0 in the 407) - theres a silver pipe runs over the top of the engine between the block and the battery - that leads to the EGR (I think) - at least that's where I had to put the EGR blanking plate in that I installed yesterday.

D

·
0 Posts
Seat it with a vacuum gauge a few times then block up the rubber pipe going into the top of it. It'll work no more. No need to remove and clean it. Anyway its a nightmare job to remove.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's at the back of the engine (assuming it's the same engine as the 136 2.0 in the 407) - theres a silver pipe runs over the top of the engine between the block and the battery - that leads to the EGR (I think) - at least that's where I had to put the EGR blanking plate in that I installed yesterday.
Colin, hi, did you notice any difference with the blanking plate instaled?
(throttle response, mpg ect)

Also any codes or limp mode yet happen?

Is your motor a DW10BTED4 like mine? If so in the picture attached, circled in pink was this where you put the blanking pate?

As I have bought a blanking plate for my 2.0lt HDI 136 and I was afraid to instal it after hearing some rumors about ecu trouble, limp mode a short time after instaling it unless the ecu is reprogramed. But these rumors came mostly from mechanics/buisneses that want to fit them and charge for it?

Cheers George

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
Colin, hi, did you notice any difference with the blanking plate instaled?
(throttle response, mpg ect)

Also any codes or limp mode yet happen?

Is your motor a DW10BTED4 like mine? If so in the picture attached, circled in pink was this where you put the blanking pate?

As I have bought a blanking plate for my 2.0lt HDI 136 and I was afraid to instal it after hearing some rumors about ecu trouble, limp mode a short time after instaling it unless the ecu is reprogramed. But these rumors came mostly from mechanics/buisneses that want to fit them and charge for it?

Cheers George
Hello My Throttle Response has improved & MPG has increased by 1 - 2 miles, Black smoke under heavy acceleration has reduced to almost nil. No Limp Mode or EML on. It has been blanked for several months and all through the winter with no real issues well worth the £3 for the plate. It shouldn't throw up any errors really as you aren't disconnecting it etc. Have a look at my photo ( not the best sorry ) circled in red is where I fitted the plate looks the same place as your picture just simply loosen bolts slide plate in and tighten it up job done :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks Colin, looks like where mine is too, might give me some courage to try it now that you have not had any problems. But before I try it you mentioned black smoke is less, you may not have a DPF system on your car. As mine never smokes at all and it is the 136hp model. This is still going to worry me, usless you do have a DPF system on yours? Do you know if your motor is a DW10BTED4

Cheers George

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sorry can't help you lol - My car is an insurance write off and is sitting on the drive getting little bits done each day - it'll be another couple weeks at least before I drive it regularly - I blanked off the EGR purely because I've read overwhelmingly positive things about it, it was cheap and easy to do, and it was something I could do myself.

As for the pic, yeah, thats exactly where my blanking plate went - I found it MASSIVELY easier to get the plate in once I removed the black flexible breather pipe from directly behind the area you're working on but if your fingers are a little thinner than mine you may be fine without it...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks Colin, looks like where mine is too, might give me some courage to try it now that you have not had any problems. But before I try it you mentioned black smoke is less, you may not have a DPF system on your car. As mine never smokes at all and it is the 136hp model. This is still going to worry me, usless you do have a DPF system on yours? Do you know if your motor is a DW10BTED4

Cheers George
Mine has the DPF and the EGR has been blanked for a few months, and it's had no problems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine has the DPF and the EGR has been blanked for a few months, and it's had no problems.
Great, that's what i needed to know, thanks James.
Surly there is a way of blanking at the other end, which would be far easier has anyone disconected here (circled in green) to find out if it can be pluged or plated.

Cheers George

Attachments

·
5,012 Posts
You raise a very good point there George, I don't think it will matter which end of the pipe is blanked BUT there must be a reason cos this end is way easier to get to. Someone with more knowledge will be along soon to give us a reason no doubt

C

·
0 Posts
Shouldn't make any difference which end is blanked, think it will have been easier and simpler to knock up plates that fit the other end.
If you can make a plate that'll fit and is secure give it ago. Mines been blanked (at the other end) for nearly a year now without issue.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

C

·
0 Posts

Cheers George
Yep I have a DPF its a 2005 407 2.0 hdi 136bhp 6 speed. Its been blanked for several months now and she runs smoother revs pick up quicker and more fuel efficient. The black smoke I was on about is under hard acceleration if you look in the mirror the boy racer that tried to keep up with you has disappeared in some instant fog that came out of your exhaust :eek: with the blanking plate that is reduced so much it is almost non existent :nono:

Great, that's what i needed to know, thanks James.
Surly there is a way of blanking at the other end, which would be far easier has anyone disconected here (circled in green) to find out if it can be pluged or plated.

Cheers George
You can probably blank the other end by making a plate or if you have a vacuum gauge you can re seat the valve a couple of times then plug up the pipe as davidireland has kindly shown us but for the sake of £3.00 for the plate off ebay and I kid you not 30 - 40 seconds slackening off the bolts at the other end and sliding in the plate and nipping up the bolts I wouldn't bother with all the messing about :thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I kid you not 30 - 40 seconds slackening off the bolts at the other end and sliding in the plate and nipping up the bolts I wouldn't bother with all the messing about :thumb:
I have the ebay plate, but I have a 307 which I think so much more cramped in that spot, I would need hands like a child to do it there without droping anything down into the abyss behind the motor, I'll look at the front junction but it looks to be a little more complex as it is not flat to flat plates like the rear.
Off topic I also have an slight engine oil (not diesel) leak behind the motor up high, and it drips eventually onto the back of the center of the sump gaurd. I thought it may have be the rocker cover so I nipped them up but it's still there, I hope it's not the turbo oil retun leaking I cannot even see that from the top or bottom, anyone have any ideas what it could be if it's a common thing with these

Cheers George

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have the ebay plate, but I have a 307 which I think so much more cramped in that spot, I would need hands like a child to do it there without droping anything down into the abyss behind the motor, I'll look at the front junction but it looks to be a little more complex as it is not flat to flat plates like the rear.
Off topic I also have an slight engine oil (not diesel) leak behind the motor up high, and it drips eventually onto the back of the center of the sump gaurd. I thought it may have be the rocker cover so I nipped them up but it's still there, I hope it's not the turbo oil retun leaking I cannot even see that from the top or bottom, anyone have any ideas what it could be if it's a common thing with these

Cheers George
Hi George try doing a new post for your problem as you will get more people looking at it and I think you will get a better response to it.

I don't know if my egr is sticking or not but I've just ordered one from eBay to give it a go :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
do I need to unplug the erg when the plate has been inserted or do I leave it plugged in?
Once the plate is in place just leave the EGR plugged in that was you shouldn't get an EML on or any limp home faults as the ECU is still getting signals saying that its still there, however saying that I do believe that it logs a fault saying that the air flow is too high but that's nothing to worry about mines been running for several months now with no issues only benefits :thumb:

I'll look at the front junction but it looks to be a little more complex as it is not flat to flat plates like the rear.

Cheers George
I have seen 'oldy worldy' grease monkeys in the past make a gasket for awkward connections that are not flat by butchering up an old coke can side as the metal is thin enough to cut easily and its flexible so you should get a decent seal when you tighten the union just make sure that you use some gloves when cutting as it can be razor sharp when cut. :mygod:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Once the plate is in place just leave the EGR plugged in that was you shouldn't get an EML on or any limp home faults as the ECU is still getting signals saying that its still there, however saying that I do believe that it logs a fault saying that the air flow is too high but that's nothing to worry about mines been running for several months now with no issues only benefits
Thank for that, with a air flow too high loge would it hide the maf sensor if that was to be at fault?
I don't really care in still bunging the thing up when the plate comes.

C

·
0 Posts
Thank for that, with a air flow too high loge would it hide the maf sensor if that was to be at fault?
I don't really care in still bunging the thing up when the plate comes.
Not too sure I'm afraid as I don't have planet just read in some of the other threads that it kicks up a fault in Planet something about airflow but hey ho Its nothing serious so I don't mind if she runs better with it blocked.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts