Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends car has a bit of a oil leak coming from th crank seal (timing end), I've changed few timing belts in the past but never th seals, how do I get the crank gear off to get at the seal?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
In the Haynes it tells you to lock the flywheel so that the fan belt pulley bolt can be removed. If the pulley is too tight to pull of with your hands then use a bearing puller or whatever method you prefer. If using a puller refit the bolt without the washer so you do not damage the nose of the crankshaft. The timing belt has to come off and I will assume you know the precautions as to the positioning of the crank and cam. The crankshaft sprocket should then slide off the shaft/woodruff key. Then remove the woodruff key. Measure and note the fitted depth of the oil seal. Then just use a hooked instrument to pull the seal out of the housing. Alternatively drill a small hole/s in the old seal and screw a couple of self tappers in them and pull on them. Press the new seal in to the previously noted depth of the old one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts