Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I just brought a very nice 2.0 HDI on a private sale.
I'm on my 6th day and have noticed my clutch juddering when changing gears.
Normally 1st and 2nd.
I did notich when doing a hill start i heard a little squeeking noise.
The clutch dose seem to wurel allot , not sure if thsi is normal.

When i get out my car after small journeys i smell a bad burnt rubber smell, i take it this is the clutch burning.

I'm guessing this is why it was sold to me. Its only done 60000 miles is this normal for the clutch to go and how much is this going to cost?
Thanks for any help :)

·
11,790 Posts
The problem with the 307 is that there is no clutch foot rest area like the 306 had to the left of the clutch pedal, thanks to the bigger wider centre console.

So people ride the clutch, or put their foot on the floor in a certain spot where the pressure eventually rips the carpet because it shrinks and lifts a little over time!

My very unscientific rule of thumb is that if the carpet is worn or torn (my previous two MK1 307s were) the clutch and previous driver may be good. And both of mine went to 115,000 and 95,000 miles respectively on their first clutch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dmf converton

Hello , it seems i can get a replacment clutch but have been advised to change my dual mass fly wheel and get it convrted to a single fly wheel. Any advises on this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still no further forward with this. I took it into my Clutch and they didn't find any faults. The car was cold and the vibrations i get seem to be afer the car has warned up. I only really notice it on hill inclimbs and hill starts.
I just want this sorted out. Gunna watm my car up and take it back another day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts