Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys with the 136hp manual cars are averaging. I was hoping to see a decent improvement over my old 306 but it seems to be about the same in the mid-30's - full tank gives me a range of just under 500 miles...

No idea if it makes much difference but mine is an SW....

·
5,087 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
My old man gets good economy circa 60mpg +, although he drives around in 5th/ 6th gear a lot round town. I don't.
I've never had below 600 miles in either of mine. My x line was usually about 620 ish. Last tank on my new one, which wasn't driven all that sensibly was 660. I'm hoping for at least 700 on this one. My Xline's personal best was 720 on a run to Scotland.

·
Super Moderator
1,790 Posts
My old 307 did round 39mpg, mixed/short journeys. Not good for dpf!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've a 2007 307sw 136 hdi.

I was getting mid 40's with mixed driving.

DPF removed and mild tune to around 150-155 and it crept up another couple.

Blanked EGR off the other day and on its first leisurely outing it went up to 52mpg.

Its too early to say for certain where it will settle but around 50mpg is what I'm expecting.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just wondering what you guys with the 136hp manual cars are averaging. I was hoping to see a decent improvement over my old 306 but it seems to be about the same in the mid-30's - full tank gives me a range of just under 500 miles...

No idea if it makes much difference but mine is an SW....
My onboard computer shows 44.4 mpg average local. Best I ever got was 54 mpg on motorway cruise control at 70mph (felt like I was standing still tho')
Average tankful is around the 600 miles mark. (All standard 55 reg saloon with 72k.)

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using AutoGuide.Com Free App

C

·
0 Posts
My 407sw averages between 48 - 52 usually.

Recent trip down south it did 52mpg over the 400+ miles we did.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that's kinda what I figured - there is something not quite right somewhere. Having a mate take a look at the car this week to see if there is a problem - I have an odd whistling noise when accelerating and an occasional dump valve type noise too (but during acceleration, as opposed to on a gear change) - someone said something about a possible intercooler pipe problem which would cost me power (and therefore probably MPG) - going to swap out the K&N air Filter for the original filter and see if the noise is related to that and then have the car looked at. The only other thing I've done to the engine is blanking the EGR (which I might also undo to make sure it isn't something I've done).

That first full tank was also Shell Nitro+ diesel which I've been told should give me a little better MPG so getting 10 less than most of you guys just doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I get 40mpg, I have a 50km round trip to work average speed 60kmph, I get 860/900km per full tank, all taken from the onboard trip computer. I do an average of 1400km per month.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i average between 600 & 700 miles per full tank in my 55 plate 210k mile 2.0hdi sw before i ran into turbo problems. really happy with the economy though.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
our taxis do 40 mpg at best same engine in bigger shell :)

The euro5 ones are slightly better and more powerfull !!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably worth investigating but I have to accept that my average speed probably has a good bit to do with it. Starting to think that I have the wrong car for my driving needs but every day I like it more and more....

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mine does 40-42 normally, maybe a little bit more for long journeys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I average about 52mpg, mainly motorway driving.
407SW 136 HDI, 56 reg.
over 600 miles between fill-ups.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My EGR is blanked - one of the reasons I'm a little unsure as to if its getting what it should...

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Just as a comparison I just found the trip computer in my clio dci it averages 71mpg !!

Tax for it is £20 a year :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I used to get 53.8 mpg from my 1.6 110 HDi 307 estate

Today I got 50.7 mpg from my 2.0 140 HDi 407sw, just a 60 mile motorway journey. I'm impressed, but I feel all the maf, map, intake sensors are dirty, so a good de-coke is in order :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts