Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just a quick one, I'm getting really crap mpg from my hdi.
I've put in £20 and done around 110 miles :( (around town)
I know it's a 2.0 but I thought it would of been better that our old car that was a 1.6 xsara Picasso petrol:eek:

How many miles have you all had out of £20?
Thanks
Will

·
Registered
90 Posts
hi, will
i get about that from my 307 2l hdi 90hp. 2002:thumb:
thats with quite a few short trips to work, roughly 5 miles round trip. and a couple of trips into town,:) considering i was only getting 80-90 out of a y reg 1.8 406, i feel quite lucky to be getting that from my 307.:eek:

·
11,775 Posts
What's it take to fill up, around £75.

I used to get 125 miles minimum out of each 1/4 tank. By half I'm happy if its reading anything above 250 miles, its usually about 270.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I get about 35mpg around town from my 2.0 HDI 110.

I get about 50-60 miles off every dial interval on my fuel gauge.

On a motorway run, I get about 45mpg.

Still noticed an improvement over my 207 1.4VTI petrol :) That does me!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I get 38mpg urban driving. Thats many stop/starts as i go to at least 14 properties a day at work.

36 mpg isnt too bad for a 2.0. Probably miles better than any petrol engine above 1.4. Im looking at getting mine mapped to 110, see if that makes any difference??

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good then I thought there was something wrong with my car :thumb:
My old Picasso 1.6 petrol used to get 42mpg around town..
But the 307 is miles better looking so worth the fuel :thumb:
I don't think it helps having 205/55/17 alloys

·
5,863 Posts
I am suprised at the fuel figures I have a remapped 307 2.0 110 FAP SW and i allways get around 42 mpg general driving and high 40's-low 50's on a run and i don't hang about on the motorway :)

I do only use shell fuel (not sure if thats a factor but its the same price in my area as supermarkets) .

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am suprised at the fuel figures I have a remapped 307 2.0 110 FAP SW and i allways get around 42 mpg general driving and high 40's-low 50's on a run and i don't hang about on the motorway :)

I do only use shell fuel (not sure if thats a factor but its the same price in my area as supermarkets) .
I've tried she'll,tescos,asda,tex and most of the rest.
I've used fuel treatments, I've replaced the air filter with a k&n, I've serviced it but I will admit I've not changed the fuel filter yet!
I've ordered a planet so that might/could show me if there is anything wrong.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi all
Just a quick one, I'm getting really crap mpg from my hdi.
I've put in £20 and done around 110 miles :( (around town)
I know it's a 2.0 but I thought it would of been better that our old car that was a 1.6 xsara Picasso petrol:eek:

How many miles have you all had out of £20?
Thanks
Will
I'm getting 80-85 miles from a £20 fill.
That's fuel light on to fuel light on.

Where do you start with fuel economy? Other than a full service and tyre pressures?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thin wheels, role down hill, don't drive it lol
80 miles sounds worse than mine :eek: and here I am complaining! :nono:
Lol well im not sure where else to go with mine, its had a full and proper service and the tyre pressures set correctly..
Just had a new MAF sensor which is what brought it up to 80-85!
No faults in planet so at a loss :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm trying to work out my mpg for 2001 2.0 HDi 90, now on 100K. Can someone check my calculations. I always put £37 of diesel in shortly after I get the low fuel beep and the light comes on. £37 gives me just about half a tank.

My mileage counter usually shows about 191 miles by the time the light comes on. At £1.43 a litre (x 4.5 to make a gallon?), that's £6.43 per gallon. £37 divided by £6.43 is 5.75 gallons. 191 miles divided by 5.75 is 33 miles per gallon. That seems very low? I'm about to fill up again but currently I've continued driving on low fuel and the needle is practically on the completely empty line and I've now done 220 miles. Should I be calculating half a tank to where I am now, way past the low fuel light at practically empty and at 220 miles? That would make it 38mpg.

How many miles is this car meant to do after the low fuel light comes on before it would completely conk out? I have the car regularly serviced. But does mpg reduce the older the car gets?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm trying to work out my mpg for 2001 2.0 HDi 90, now on 100K. Can someone check my calculations. I always put £37 of diesel in shortly after I get the low fuel beep and the light comes on. £37 gives me just about half a tank.

My mileage counter usually shows about 191 miles by the time the light comes on. At £1.43 a litre (x 4.5 to make a gallon?), that's £6.43 per gallon. £37 divided by £6.43 is 5.75 gallons. 191 miles divided by 5.75 is 33 miles per gallon. That seems very low? I'm about to fill up again but currently I've continued driving on low fuel and the needle is practically on the completely empty line and I've now done 220 miles. Should I be calculating half a tank to where I am now, way past the low fuel light at practically empty and at 220 miles? That would make it 38mpg.

How many miles is this car meant to do after the low fuel light comes on before it would completely conk out? I have the car regularly serviced. But does mpg reduce the older the car gets?
My trip computer says 60 miles left when the yellow light comes on, must be fairly accurate, had it down to 14 left and didn't run out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My trip computer says 60 miles left when the yellow light comes on, must be fairly accurate, had it down to 14 left and didn't run out.
Mine doesn't have a trip computer, but from what you're saying, I'm good for 50 to 60 miles after the light comes on? That would be great. I always thought it might be around 30 miles or so left.

·
Registered
108 Posts
m.p.g.

Hi, I have a 2009 308 1.6 hdI 90. When I first had it about a month ago I was getting 45 knocking about, 50 combined, and 58 on a run. I have since changed oil and all filters and also added BG oil conditioner and BG44K fuel additive. I now get 50 knocking about driving steady, 57 combined and if I don't exceed 60 mph I can get 68-69 on a run. The oil additive puts a film on the moving engine parts creating less friction and the fuel additive certainly cleans the injectors which creates a spray inside the chamber which makes the engine more responsive and more efficient. It also claims to clean the egr valve but I don't know whether it does or not. But it is certainly making a difference and I am only a quarter of a way through the treatment. I had been using Millers eco which was o.k. but with bg44k you only do it once a year using one can for 3/4 tank. At £20 for each can it's worth a go. If after 100 miles or so your exhaust starts throwing out a bit of black crap when you toe it don't worry, it's only carbon deposits that have been released from around the valves and injectors, and hopefully the egr valve. Hope this is of some help

·
Registered
593 Posts
i filled mine up other day (£90) yes that £90 !!!! and it could take more as there was a tenner ish still in before hand!!!!! thats asda fuel too, so cheap per litre.
done 260 miles and theres half tank left. and i smash it everywhere.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts