Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my car this morning and it seemed to develop a fault with the fuel gauge. The needle just kept getting higher and higher until it settled way over full around where the speedo is!

The gauge still seems to be working, as in it goes up about the right amount when I turn the ignition on, the needle is just in totally the wrong place! :eek:

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Driving my car this morning and it seemed to develop a fault with the fuel gauge. The needle just kept getting higher and higher until it settled way over full around where the speedo is!

The gauge still seems to be working, as in it goes up about the right amount when I turn the ignition on, the needle is just in totally the wrong place! :eek:

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks
Does the needle sit in right place when turned off? Just thinking if anyone has been in and adjusted the needle and not but it back in right place.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Could be wrong on this, but personally id suspect either the sender unit or wiring was shorting to earth somewhere. I think fuel sender units are basicley variable Resisters, which resist more the lesser the fuel you have in the tank, making the needle value lower the more fuel you use, if that makes sense lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts