Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to replace the cambelt on my 2.0 HDI 90. Although I've done cambelt's before, I've not done a 307 so just checking if there's anything particular I need to prepare for.

I'm expecting an awkward job but just want to get everything I need prior to dismantling it.

Coolant changes are regular and she's covered approx. 140k now. I don't know when the last belt was done so is a water pump a must on this one?

Any assistance will be greatly received.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the water pumps are so cheap no reason not too

remember instant gasket on water pump gasket.

the timing hole is behind the starter. its easier to move out the way then a 110 as theres more gubbins

quite straighforward but the tensioner doesnt have a window so you need to get a tool or use the half a twist along the longest run of the belt method

beware alot of newer belts whine mine does when warm and noticed a local van does it too

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the water pumps are so cheap no reason not too

remember instant gasket on water pump gasket.

the timing hole is behind the starter. its easier to move out the way then a 110 as theres more gubbins

quite straighforward but the tensioner doesnt have a window so you need to get a tool or use the half a twist along the longest run of the belt method

beware alot of newer belts whine mine does when warm and noticed a local van does it too
Cheers, one of those things where unless you ask, you find out the hard way!

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
As monty says, the nut on the crankshaft pulley will be tight, I would suggest a long breaker bar if you haven't got one already. I removed the starter motor as it is much easier to get the crankshaft locking pin in place when you can see what you are doing.

When the belt is fitted and tensioned up, turn the engine over a couple of revolutions before putting everything back on and trying to strat the engine just to make sure that everything is ok. I helped a member out recently and although the engine was locked in the correct place, when turning the engine by hand the pistons were hitting the valves.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
keep the top cover off when you first start to check the belt doesnt wander

the first one i did on these the belt wanted to come off the pulleys as i had it too tight

·
Registered
241 Posts
They only whine if you over tighten them, can always make it quiet again by loosening it off a little. With a quarter turn on the top section of the belt it really does feel too loose, but if you don't get that full quarter turn it will whine for sure.

It's actually quite an easy job, google the locations of the locking holes in advance so you know what you're looking for. Take the starter off to get to the flywheel locking point, it's only three bolts, remember to take the battery lead off before you do though.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
They only whine if you over tighten them, can always make it quiet again by loosening it off a little. With a quarter turn on the top section of the belt it really does feel too loose, but if you don't get that full quarter turn it will whine for sure.

It's actually quite an easy job, google the locations of the locking holes in advance so you know what you're looking for. Take the starter off to get to the flywheel locking point, it's only three bolts, remember to take the battery lead off before you do though.
search about dayco belts there made of different material and they whine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts