Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a expert 05 plate fitted with the 8v hdi lump and iv owned one before and this is diabolical..

Its flat as a fart.
No acceleration, turbo kicks in and pulls guessing between 3000rpm and 4000rpm and gives up..

No smoke no noises, idles fine..

Unplugged EGR and no difference..

its as if im driving only using a quarter of the throttle if that makes sense

Can anyone help :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it have a throttle position sensor.

have you unplugged the maf sensor
Not tried anything yet not sure if it's got a gps tho :/ unplugged the egr valve plug no difference just been out first time in the dark and booted it on de acceleration I noticed sparks out the exhaust?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could your cat be blocked?seen a car before like that and had lumps flying out of exhaust
Im guessing so, as i unplugged maf and it made no difference, would explain why it goes better with less pressure on the throttle..

Going to cut it out for now

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im guessing so, as i unplugged maf and it made no difference, would explain why it goes better with less pressure on the throttle..

Going to cut it out for now

But then again if unplugging the mad made no difference would that suggest it's just not working at all??

·
6,280 Posts
Check all vac hoses for splits if none found drop servo hose off of vacuum pump and squirt a bit of oil/wd40/silicone spray into vac pump reconnect servo hose and see what happens.

I had one which for months would intermittently be flat to about 2750 then take off like a rocket non return valve in vac pump was the fault but took best part of a month to trace

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check all vac hoses for splits if none found drop servo hose off of vacuum pump and squirt a bit of oil/wd40/silicone spray into vac pump reconnect servo hose and see what happens.

I had one which for months would intermittently be flat to about 2750 then take off like a rocket non return valve in vac pump was the fault but took best part of a month to trace
Thing is it don't take off like a rocket either no matter how hard I rev it..
Also which is the vac pump to spray down so many pipes :/

Cheers
Ash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts