Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi y'all!

My 407 is jerking when accelerating between roughly 1500 to 2000 rpm.
Mostly in second gear, but it can be felt in all gears.
The mechanic unplugged the MAF sensor, and the jerking was gone! I drove like that for a week.
We finally installed a new MAF sensor, and now, a week later - it's jerking again.
Does anyone maybe have any experience with this or can give some advice?
All help is much appreciated. :)

Although I would like to get to the bottom of this, my ultimate question(s) would actually be:

Would I be able to ride with the MAF sensor unplugged forever? Will anything suffer as a result?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did it start jerking one week after the new MAF sensor, or instantly with the new MAF sensor?

Shouldnt be any harm to drive with no MAF sensor, but keep an eye on average MPG as it really depends from car to car how they react to no MAF sensors. Most BMW's run alot better with no MAF sensor for example.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yes you can drive without a maf, however it will affect your fuel economy. Your DPF may also not regenerate. It could be the new MAF is faulty or you have faulty wiring... or it could be another sensor somewhere else entirely.

·
12,141 Posts
EGR valve? That's a common issue on 407s in that RPM range

·
6,572 Posts
Which engine and injection system if 90 or 110 with bosch injection check harness from fuel rail sensor for lost insulation where they drop down by starter. This can can give misfire type symptoms below around 2500 rpm when vibration shorts them together

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@windy1603 , @Gibbo , @BiGK , @Ibbi9595

Guys, thanks for all the help. It appears that the saga is over. Went to the official Peugeot service yesterday.

Basically, this car has not been serviced at an official Peugeot garage for a very long time. All that neeeded doing was to update the software, as apparently the EGR flap was not properly opening and closing due to the outdated software. Something with it remaining either completely closed or completely open, and not being able to partially/gradually open as needed. I'm too much of a noob to for all of this, but the ride has been very smooth since I drove out of the garage. Too bad I wasted money on replacing the MAF sensor that the other mechanic and I thought was the reason for the jerking.

Anyway,

Cheers guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts