Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the actual differences between these engines.

Is it any physical differences like turbo and such, or is it pure software?

I could do with some more grunt. For several other car makes you can buy kits that programs the ECU via the OBDII port, so it's like a proper chip, but haven't found this for the peugeot.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Would you want to plug somethin in considerin peugeot electrics??
I know i wouldn't.
Im guessing its just a software change as you can remap the 136 to about 163 anyways. I think Davidireland will be the person to clear this up lol

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
There's more to it than just a remap, it has different injectors etc.. Got this from a ford forum

hi. may i just add.. these alot more to it than just a remap on this new 160bhp engine.

ive been through it, theres a new cDPF fitted, the cylinder head bowl has been modified.

new water cooler on the EGR valve

new injectors with more nozzles

new injector pump.. pressure has been uprated from 1800 bar to 2000 bar

new PCM ECU, which now allows for more flexibility with pilot injections

turbo to confirm but that maybe different as well.

so whatever power you could tune out of the previous 140, you will be able to tune more out of the 160 because the whole injection system has been revised, and with the new ecu, pilot injections and more nozzles on the injectors power delivery should be smoother still as well.

·
5,066 Posts
Ok, see :)

Normal remap and just be happy with that is possiblyy the easiest then.
My clutch was designed(badly :nod:) to take 136bhp and that's all its getting. I worry enough without getting a remap and worrying about that as well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got a point. I'm keen on a 508 GT, but they are still 51k £ two years old over here! So guess I have to do with the 407 some years before that can be achieved.

Could do with some more power in the meantime :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts