Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was running fine, always started first crank.
My dad did a couple of things at the same time and now wont start.
One of the rear windows wasn't working, when he removed the trim, the screws were missing from the glass to frame,(found in the centre counsel)
fitted the screws and jiggled the window locking switch on the main drivers switch, and now works from the door switch, but not the main switch.
Next he removed a hardwired in car phone setup, and then locked the door using the deadlock, which he had never used before. Next time he went to start the car it wouldn't start, cranks over fine, but no firing.

Plugged into PP200 recoded the key, that all seemed to work, still no starting.
Did a global scan and the only error was: Engine ECU. Intermittent fault. Fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit. Relay stuck.
ECU fault code P0380.
This fault was present last time I plugged in a few weeks ago, when it was still starting.With the help of member Craigleather, tracked down a used one from local breakers.
Check the glow plugs, none working, replaced with new ones, still no start.

Delving deeper into PP200 got the following:
In "Parameter measurements. Warning: Incorrect matching of the ECU (incorrect engine, system or vehicle).
If i carry on to the next page, under "electrical information. The parameter for pre/post heating relay is "inactive" and stays like that when turning ignition on and when cranking. And under control unit condition,
Control unit condition = ECU is not locked
Status of the coded engine immobiliser programming = matched ECU
Problems detected when transmitting the unlock code = No problem detected.

Actuators test, Miscellaneous, Pre/post heating relay. I can here what sounds like the fuel pump running and the relay clicking.

If he has spiked the BSI unit while playing with the window/phone electrics, would this show up in PP200.

Any suggestions where to try next?

Mike

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
Hard wired phone connected to radio 307 check fuses it happens all the time :)

Glow plug fault common NOT the issue glow plugs are not needed to start ONLY FOR REGEN

search for threads relating to aftermarket radios and 307s not starting !!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard wired phone connected to radio 307 check fuses it happens all the time :)

Glow plug fault common NOT the issue glow plugs are not needed to start ONLY FOR REGEN

search for threads relating to aftermarket radios and 307s not starting !!
Yeah, tried that, all wiring now removed, still no start. Could he have fried BSI whilst removing it?
Mike

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
That means your old BSI lost its key memory and recoding the key would also have fixed it but at £50 that's about the same as recoding the key anyway if you needed the security code :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That means your old BSI lost its key memory and recoding the key would also have fixed it but at £50 that's about the same as recoding the key anyway if you needed the security code :)
Not sure, I had re-coded the original keys, and a virgin chip to the BSI a few times, and PP2000 was reporting no issues.
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts