Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
i have a peugeot 307 2.0 HDi 110 and for year and a half i have a problem that it seems no one can't fix.
this is the problem:

car sometimes won't start when it's hot outside, especially on hot and humid days. engine is cranking and battery is fine, it just won't ignite. when i stop cranking it gives me 8 to 10 beeps inside the car and it's beeping until i open the door. also, it doesn't allow me to lock the car with remote locking for about 30 seconds after it failed to start(it simply doesn't respond on pressing lock button). in most cases (i would say 95%) if i wait about 5 minutes and try to start the car , it starts perfectly fine and it drives very good. in 5% of cases it won't start for a day or two and then i go crazy.
diagnostic tool in peugeot service didn't show any faults, everything is ok. i really don't know what these 5 minutes of waiting could change, because engine can't cool in 5 minutes when outside temperature is 35 degrees C.
i'm suspecting two things:
engine starter or some problem with fuel lines.
i would like to hear your opinion before i give money for something that won't solve the problem like i did once (changing crankshaft sensor didn't solve the problem)

thank you in advance!
please help me, i'm becoming desperate!

·
Registered
238 Posts
had the same problem on my old cdti astra, would start when if felt like it, maybe not for a few days at a time. turned out their was an air leak on the fuel line, jubilee rattled itself loose. it only takes a pinhole to suck in air. this would loose pressure on the hp pump enough to stop it from starting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had the same problem on my old cdti astra, would start when if felt like it, maybe not for a few days at a time. turned out their was an air leak on the fuel line, jubilee rattled itself loose. it only takes a pinhole to suck in air. this would loose pressure on the hp pump enough to stop it from starting.
is there a way i can find out where that air leak is, because there is no fuel leak. in which part of fuel system you found air leak? tank to fuel filter or fuel filter to hp pump?
it is very annoying problem and inconsistent one too, because sometimes on most humid day car will start every time, 10-15 times a day if it has to, and next day problem comes back.

·
Registered
302 Posts
sounds like your starter is on its way out, it may sound like its starting fine but due to these being an high pressure fuel system if the starter is taking everything from the battery theres not enough to pressurise the fuel system

·
Registered
3 Posts
This might not have any bearing on your car but....

My 206 had a problem with fog light and temp sender, car ran fine, I pulled the F6 fuse for the immobliser inside the passenger fuse box( had the wrong wiring diagram).

Anyway, i put the fuse back in and started the car and drove about 50 yards when the interior light started flashing and beeping noise could be heard, I thought I left the passenger side door open. opened it and shut it.

I then noticed my indicators werent working and neither was the central locking, when I go home I pulled the fuse again and now the indicators and central locking was working again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone!
meanwhile, few days ago, it happened again. it happened around 8 pm and i tried for 2 hours (waiting about 15-20 minutes before next try to start) and it still refused to start. i left it to cool overnight and next morning car again failed to start.
then i unscrewed white plastic screw on the low side of fuel filter and leaked small amount of fuel and tightened it again. it started on first attempt after that without any problem.
so,pretty sure the problem lies in fuel lines. i think it could be somewhere between fuel filter and hp pump. i'll drive it to mechanics and explain him what they have to look for and see if they can solve it.
i would do it myself but i don't have tools for this kind of testing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts