Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I would really appreciate any advice on this situation, my partner noticed that the passenger foot well was damp today, i have lifted up the carpet and its damp underneath, i have felt round the surrounding area and its dry, i have noticed the radiator bottle was also a little bit low could these be interlinked together?? i have looked up a lot since returning from shopping earlier any advice or suggestions would be a big help, and i have checked the rain channels also and they are clear

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
your heater matrix inside the car could be leaking or the seals have failed remove the glove box and you will see the pipes coming in from the firewall they go into the heater matrix inside the car check for water leaks and drips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick responsre

thanks for the tip, i will have a look tomorrow and see if i can spot anything, if it is this, is it expensive to repair?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
if its the seals you could get some at a motor factors but I think they are shaped seals as the brother changed his heater matrix and I looked at the seals there are two you could get away with some silicone sealer:thumb:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You will no doubt find peugeot dont sell the seals they want to sell you the whole pipes !!

Sounds like the cause though as heater feed is on passenger side.
Peugeot never want to sell the small items you need lol, I needed too clips for the rear brake hoses and they had to sell me them in a pack of 10! strange part is there is only 4 on the whole car,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check sill drain holes

On my car this became a huge problem with anything up to a couple of inches in the passenger foot well.

The scuttle around the windscreen drains into the sills which should then drip out from the drain holes; mine were blocked leading to the sill filling with water and eventually overflowing into the interior!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts