Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible and is there anyone done it till now ? And if is what is need it ? How to build it ? Any consequences ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would imagine it would be very costly to do so
Why not De cat the car?
Ive seen a 3.0V6 (es9j4s) produce upto 10+ more HP & torque with its cats removed. It still passed its MOT due to the fact that it still had its Pre cats installed.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I suppose the problem will be to get the engine management and BSI stuff configured properly with a turbo conversion?

Going away from the standard engine management, I'm not sure how the BSI will handle it.

Apart from that it ain't no problem to turbo the engine itself.
I guess it would be to do something along these lines:
Peugeot 206 RC turbo GT3076R

C

·
0 Posts
With 2 petrol and 4 Diesel engines that are faster than a 2.0 petrol already available in a 407 it would make more sense to obtain a 407 with one of those engines already fitted. As an added bonus they all come with bigger brakes and slightly altered track to manage the extra grunt.

Taking one of the slowest models available then then tuning it instead of just getting the fast one to begin with seems a bit silly.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Agree to an extent, but in the end, even 240 bhp is nothing these days if you're into car tuning, so when starting to modify things a lot problems will arise even though you got the fastest standard car avaliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts