Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm after some front legs for a expert tepee 1.6 hdi now i have found the parts i need but there of a 2.0 hdi so whats the difference thay must fit the same the engines prob weigh the same just diff cc ?

To me the body and running gear looks the same so why are things listed as 2.0 only is there a difference ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think they are the same between the two, the only thing that might be different is suspension between say a 1.6 swb and a 2.0 chassis cab. I have had a 1.6 swb tepee and a 2.0 lwb tepee & all suspension & brakes are the same between them.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
As far as fitting is concerned they will physically fit fine as they are the same the only thing that will differ are the spring rates and i agree i doubt there is much difference the 2 litre engine is a little heavier overall but not a great deal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If it's any help when I changed the air suspension to springs I did a lot of digging.to find.the "correct" springs to replace with, eventually I found them as obviously nothing came up on my reg. apart from air suspension. But I know my 2.0 lwb has the same rear springs & shocks as the 1.6 swb. So I would imagine the front is the same too.
Top mounts are really pricey for them too, but you can buy the bearings separately to the mounts and the mounts are pretty solid so rarely need changing. Iirc, complete top mount assembly is about £70 each side, but bearings alone were about £30 each. Anti roll bar bushes are a nasty nasty achilees heel on the expert too, I change mine every service now. (12000 miles)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rear was air bags to but now running on springs the front has a bang on both sides if you go over a manhole or drain (depending on what wheel hits it to the bang side) i did a quick check with a bar but found nothing that moves so figure its the legs the mot is due so i guess there let me know whats the bang. (Gonna change the front legs anyway piece of mind)

·
Registered
68 Posts
180k and not a sound from front shocks, I would go with anti roll bar bushes as a main culprit if the noise sounds low down in the footwells rather than high up behind the dash. I had my 1st one in a garage many times looking for a banging noise, they couldn't find anything wrong until they put van on a special ramp that shakes and then put pry bar in anti roll bar the noise stopped. Trouble is, peugeot will only sell you a complete new anti roll bar with sealed bushes attatched. If you eBay search you can buy a conversion kit for about £50 to allow you to change just the rubber bushes. Well worth it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
180k and not a sound from front shocks, I would go with anti roll bar bushes as a main culprit if the noise sounds low down in the footwells rather than high up behind the dash. I had my 1st one in a garage many times looking for a banging noise, they couldn't find anything wrong until they put van on a special ramp that shakes and then put pry bar in anti roll bar the noise stopped. Trouble is, peugeot will only sell you a complete new anti roll bar with sealed bushes attatched. If you eBay search you can buy a conversion kit for about £50 to allow you to change just the rubber bushes. Well worth it.

:thumb: shaking sounds like the way to go as it is quite bad on bumps and it does not sound from the top thinking about it now. i only suspected the tops of legs due to me looking at it all with a bar and found nothing.

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Bangs and rattles over bumps are usually the antiroll bar bushes and you need to buy the whole bar !!

What we done was ordered the bushes for the older version van cut the clamps open in the original bar fit the bigger older style bushes and thats it cured never had to do them again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx i will be buying them i did have a look and the one's on mine look like they unbolt already (fingers crossed)

I also noticed a brake fluid leak from the pipe that comes of the master cylinder is this ment to have a clip on the pipe ?

i think it goes off to the clutch.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My clutch feed has no clip either. And yes arb will unbolt (2 x 19mm each side) but the u clamps that hold the bushes are welded together on some or internally sleeved on others. I had sleeved type on my current one, with a big lever bar & hammer managed to get them to split but they were a nightmare to do, then had to remove them and grind off the sleeves so they would sit tightly together again. Much easier to cut them off & replace with the eBay kit. (kit has new bolts, washers & bushes)

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Leak at reservoir is caused by the internal rubber insert moving this is what seals it there is no clip not sure if they will sell you just the seal might want to sell you the whole pipe but seal would be enough to fix it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
They are a huge problem tbh, I cannot believe they weren't recalled & changed. But in my experience I have never had mot pick up on arb bushes despite the knocking. (2 mots a year aswell)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going to change them even if there ok better safe than sorry regards Mot they prob dont want to get dirty as they go around the back of the engine unlike the older cars where they run under the cross member.

Wish i had known they was problems i would have changed them when i had the engine out lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah not the easiest thing to get to, but much easier with the new clamps on. Its a subframe down job to get the whole bar out! One of those "to remove the headlight first remove the rear bumper" kinda things.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bangs and rattles over bumps are usually the antiroll bar bushes and you need to buy the whole bar !!

What we done was ordered the bushes for the older version van cut the clamps open in the original bar fit the bigger older style bushes and thats it cured never had to do them again.
Reliable406, when you say the older version do you mean pre 2007?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts