Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I bought a 1999 306 1.4 liter, manual transmission. I am having problems with the cv axle popping out. I removed it and there was no circlip in the tranny or on the axle. The previous owner used silicone to try and keep it from leaking. (seriously not kidding) I have been trying to source the circlip but am not having any luck. I would just like a picture of it at least so maybe I can find one that fits. I bought the whole cv axle new and it did not come with the circlip. I live in Nicaragua and we have no postal system. So shipping parts here is very expensive. If I at least know what the silly thing looks like, I amy be able to locate one here. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
There is NO CLIP this has been discussed many times they dont have clips there is a spring inside the cup and it pushes against the centre of the shaft that keeps it in the gearbox.

Possible reasons for your issue are wrong length of shaft or bottom arm is moving too much on its bushes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked many parts suppliers about this and none of them said anything about an internal spring. I also searched through many threads and came up with nothing. Thank you very much for replying. I am sure that some mechanic at one time replaced the axle but with the wrong part. I found a lot of incorrect parts on this car. Thank you thank you thank you. You made my day.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You would only know about the spring if you had ever took a shaft apart as its inside the cup so a part supplier would not really know as they would be selling you a whole shaft

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I feel better about buying the whole shaft assembly now. This is the first time I have ever seen this type of cv axle. Thanks again!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I suspect the silly sod who dismantled the shaft when replacing a boot,lost the spring.
Get a quality exchange shaft from GSF,Euro etc. Change the oil seal in the box as well.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts