Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have a 1997 peugeot 1.9TD and it seems to be leaking diesel into/onto the engine when i get underneath the car the tank at the front bottom is covered in diesel ive inspected this tank best i can and cant find a leak in that its not leaking when stood still just when driven and its no affecting the performance of the vehicle so the diesel has to be coming from somewhere in the engine right? maybe after its been through the engine as i know a diesel will suck air through and cut out if its got a leak before the fuel hits the engine but thats about all i know about cars i would appreciate any help or advice given as i dont know what it could be thank in advance for any comments left

Drive Carefeully

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,

Check the leak-off rail on the injectors. This will be the one pipe that connects them all together, and should go back to your fuel filter.

Check all connections around the fuel filter, as well as any areas where pipes may chafe.

Most likely a defective pipe somewhere.

Next most likely cause is a leaky fuel injection pump. These can leak from virtually anywhere. If you have, then a direct swap is the quickest way to solve this. The old unit can be reconditioned, then sold to get some of your money back.
There will be quite a market for these - as people are damaging them with biodiesel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.