Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
I have a 1997 306 td ,and noticed a drip underneath,on investigating,the expansion tank,built on to radiator on mine,has a connector(t shape) coming off the middle,-half way down the tank(on the left hand side of Rad when looking from front,hose goes into the engine,and the coolant was leaking from this connector,I reached down to feel it,andthe connector with hose attached came away from tank,with coolant peeing out,I shoved it back in eventually,but once I had bleed the system(this took a wee while) it still leaks from the t shaped pipe connects to the expansion tank. it feels loose ,not tight and locked solid as I would expect a watertight connection,
Qusetion how does this t-piece lock into expansion tank,how do i fix it,or must I buy new tank,(havent seen any for sale ) or must I buy a new radiator?
only done300 miles since I bought this motor,such is life
thanks
Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
extra info

sorry it is not a t-piece it is an L shape coming out of expansion tank,
local Pug garage had a wee laugh and said they dont really support older cars !!!!,
but he had a look and could find no details/info of an L shape pipe,
only thing he suggested was a new radiator,but didnt think it came with the pipe and at a cost of £175
oh help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and more

hi,having extracted the L piece,it is obviously broken,and I might be able to fix the leak if I could get another L piece,problem is of course Pug garage here(inverness) cant help,car is TOO old??
so has anybody a spare L piece from a US radiator???(306 td 1997 mark 1)
ANYBODY???
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts