Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here, so apologies if this is the wrong place :)

After many years of faithful service, I've reluctantly had to find myself a newer car for work and so trying to figure out what to do with the 306. Car itself drives really well and amusingly is still much punchier than its newer 307 replacement.

Aside from normal paintwork issues with a car this age, currently it has 2 main issues:

1) Central locking automatically unlocks

Some searching on the forums points towards the door looms. I've had a quick peek and noticed a fair bit of blue oxide on the passenger side loom connector which suggests something happened. I pulled back the rubber as far as I can and didn't see any issues with the wiring, although it sounds as if I may need to take the door off to get enough space to pull the rubber sleeving down as far as possible?

2) Driver window glass

Thanks to some idiot trying to bend the door frame down to get in, the driver's window glass is "loose" at the top. AFAICT the motor works fine it just seems that some kind of supporting clip at the top of the glass has snapped off causing it to fall forwards as it reaches the top. Is this something that's easily repairable? I've searched for electric window issues but not managed to find much.

So the question is: should I scrap or try to repair and sell?

Most I've been offered for scrap is 50ukp(!) which seems nothing given it is still perfectly driveable. I do have some electronics background so am happy with a soldering iron to look at the door looms myself, and if it's a simple repair to the window then that seems doable - or given the description above does it just require too much expertise to make it worth my while?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
£50 is the going rate for a car now as the price per tonne of scrap has dropped from £130 to £40 !

I would stick it on gumtree for £250 as is as someone will want the engine especially if its a bosch pump

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - I haven't had a chance to look at the pump to see what type it is. I'll try and find some time during the week to take a look.

BTW what's the best way to advertise it in its current condition? Would adding something along the lines of "door looms and driver's window require attention" be sufficient information for those people interested?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts