Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I'm asking for a friend here and I haven't seen the car myself but he's sent me some pictures.

He's wondering if the car has the relevant electrics to use remote locking, and how easy is it to program the plip himself as he's only got an old 'manual' key.

It has central locking already by the sound of it, when you unlock one door they all unlock, and a sensor next to the interior light he has been told is for IR remote locking. Is it just as simple as buying a cheap plip from ebay and programming as per instructions for the newer 106 models or is it likely to need some other bits installed?

I gather the remote locking was not standard until later versions of the 106 so not sure if it's got everything already fitted or not.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If its infra red remote locking system then you really want to get a matching set of plips & the roof remote receiver - there is a code number sticker inside each.

It sounds like it may be worth having a look in the roof console to see if it has remote locking receiver already, if it does then that means the wiring is already there.

I guess from the age this 106 would have the factory fitted Thatcham Cat 2 keypad immobiliser.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right it did have the Thatcham keypad but he has had that removed.

It also has the infrared receiver in the roof already, so do you mean that the plip and roof-mounted receiver are usually bought in a pair, and it's not possible to add just a plip onto the existing receiver somehow?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hope the keypad was removed correctly else it could come back to bite at a later date :lol:

I've no idea if the infra red plips can be recoded to a different car.

I do know if you ordered a new plip from Peugeot using the code from the sticker on the car, it would arrive & work straight away with no programming needed,

It would be easier to just get a matching roof receiver & plips.

OR keep an eye on everyones favourite auction site for the retro fit Peugeot alarm systems & add that on to gain remote locking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts