Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this us my Dad beloved camper van he started this every month with out fail but one month all that happened was it just turned over and still does but will mot fire
It's had a new battery new diesel filter
Easy start slows it up and struggles
The coil light goes out
But there is no sign there is a basic immobiliser but that seems to only stop the glow plug circuit
We're realy struggling here any help on this please

·
Registered
Peugeot Partner 1999, Boxer 1999, Fiat 125
154 Posts
Mine struggles at start but works fine afterwards. I think the fuel injector is leaking. And struggles to hold the pressure inside fuel injector before releasing at certain amount of pressure.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If your fuel injection is leaking, it wont allow a buildup of pressure inside injector, and it wont inject fuel inside cylinder because the pressure inside cylinder would be too high for it. I mean we are probably talking here about 180-200 bars of pressure inside the cylinder. Unlike petrol engine, it is that pressure that ignites the fuel inside cylinder. If fuel isnt coming at large pressure then it means it doesnt come at all. No fuel no ignition.

By the way it takes a special instrument to remove the injector.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We tried adding easy start and if anything made it worce it turns over spot on just nothing happens no attempt at wanting to start I did think of cracking off the fuel pipes to the injectors see if there is fuel ?
Or I'm also thinking of glow plugs
Thoughts please

·
Registered
154 Posts
What do you mean made it worse? How worse it can get if your engine fails to start anyyway?

Besides, you do not need to crack off fuel pipes. It is a long job. Just remove the rubber return pipes. If there is fuel in return pipes then there surely must be in input pipes.

I am not sure if glow plugs can affect the engine on such a level that it wont start no matter how much you try. I think you can negate the glow plugs effect by pressing gas pedal while cranking the engine with the starter.

Do you see the fuel itself in input pipe that comes to high pressure fuel injector (that is what it is called that large mechanical fuel related part that is turned over by timing belt). If you can see an air in the transparent pipe then it may be preventing the fuel to come in. You can use hand squeezing priming pump to squeeze the air out.

I also suspect the timing problem. Maybe your timing belt got old and relaxed and changed the injection angle. It means that the timing of fuel got shifted. But even then the chance of not starting the engine is very low...unless the timing was wrongly adjusted to begin with. And in that case it should be relasing alot of smoke while working.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Heres another reason.

The gas pedal cord may have lost the metal fixator that is on fuel injector. If that is the case then the gas pedal isnt tight enough to pull fuel injector far enough for fuel to start getting pumped into injectors. In that case ask someone to manually push the gas throttle on fuel injector to the maximum while you crank the engine. If that is the case either find some new metal to fixate your gas pedal cord, or I dont know find a new gas cord?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is no primer pump
When we turn the engine and its turning over we spray in easy start and the engine starts to struggle
And there is no transparent pipe its all solid black and the gass pedal has no effect

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,959 Posts
When we turn the engine and its turning over we spray in easy start and the engine starts to struggle
Typically, the results of easy start are the opposite of that, the engine should increase in RPM and then start, then you stop the spray and if fuel issue the engine dies.
Even if the glow plugs are in play, easy start would have started it.
Even if you have fuel issues that are in play, easy start would have started it.

Can you see fumes or feel back pressure on the exhaust when cranking it ?
This is sounding like you have a timing issue or other issues happening, not fuel or glowplugs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is no primer pump
It is a baloon like thing near fuel filter. You squeeze it with your hand and it pumps the fuel into fuel system mechanically. The fuel filter is located near the top right corner of engine bay. Near the place where steering wheel column comes out into engine bay.

It struggles to start? Or struggles to die down?

I understand it struggles to start?

And there is no transparent pipe its all solid black and the gass pedal has no effect
Did you remove rubber return pipe to check for availability of fuel? You may need to crank the engine to see if fuel comes out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is no rubber balloon were going to check for fuel on the return line
When we added easy start it was like ut was floodd it has a basic imobizer on which we're going to remove as we think this could be shutting things down as a garage in its history burnt out a starter mkter cranking it
The ither question is it has also had when it dud start the Altinator used to make a noise like a loose belt
Could the Altinator stop this
I live a hour away I'm going to get some pictures up if I can

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,959 Posts
No, an alternator would not stop this. This is the charger circuit of the vehicle, not the starting. The battery is used for starting a vehicle.

Burning out a Starter Motor, that's interesting, have you tested the main earthing wire from the engine back to the battery ?
And if so, what are the results in Ohms ?
Can you see fumes or feel back pressure on the exhaust when cranking it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They burnt out the starter as they didn't no about the immobiliser switch that's a relay when pressed the glow plug light dies not cone on
They used the starter to move it iff the ramp
We fixed that with a new starter all was well and gas been up until now
I'll check the earth connection we gave noticed a massive load on the battery we need two batteries to get this to turn over properly

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,959 Posts
On the same thought pattern. You need about CCA 640 Amps ideally to crank, if you need more than this, the earth wires would be suspect and the main postive to the starter is also worth checking the resistance present (Ohm's).

Hopefully this matches, I believe it is fuse locations for your vehicle. RHD maybe mirrored side. Other things to check.

Product Automotive lighting Slope Font Line

·
Registered
154 Posts
The ither question is it has also had when it dud start the Altinator used to make a noise like a loose belt
It is probably not belt itself but the bolt on which the alternator is fixed on engine body. If it gets loose alternator will be moving left and right from its fixed position and cause squeaks on the belt.

Could the Altinator stop this
No. Squeaking means that it works. Just not works as it should.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'll check the earth connection we gave noticed a massive load on the battery we need two batteries to get this to turn over properly
What kind of battery are you using? If you are usuing an ordinary 60 Amper hour battery it will run out after a minute of cranking.

You need at least 100 Amper hour battery for minibus like that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
On the same thought pattern. You need about CCA 640 Amps ideally to crank, if you need more than this, the earth wires would be suspect.

Hopefully this matches, I believe it is fuse locations for your vehicle. RHD maybe mirrored side. Other things to check.

View attachment 101397
The fusebox is inside the saloon on the bottom of glove box. The cover is part of glovebox floor panel on the corner.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts