Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, those are different navigations and probably camera.

The first has TomTom NAC which has Android Auto, MirrorLink, Car Play. Screen is capacitive and system is much more faster and responsive then the other car has.

The second car has SMEG+ which does not have options mentioned above and has resistive screen which means you can use it with gloves, but it looks outdated compared to NAC and slower.

This one with NAC probably has VisioPark 1 camera with 180 angle, and this with SMEG+ has 130 angle camera which is really bad in dark.

What is strange that the second car has SMEG+ at all, I believed that all facelift 308 have NAC.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ups, you are right, in one picture it looked like SMEG+, but it's not. About the camera, these are then just different modes of view.

I'll leave my post if someone else wonders about differences.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought they were both NAC too. They have the 3 buttons at the left side which is what I thought the new units had.

Looking around autotrader it seems a lot of 18reg have that camera view in the adverts.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how can you tell what a car has by looking at adverts? I have the white car coming to my local R&D to view this weekend.

Is it only 68reg on that got the 180 camera?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And the camera difference? Is the camera on the white 18 car not as good?

Do you think the white 18 car has the newer NAC then looking at the pics of the screen menus in the advert?

·
Registered
178 Posts
And the camera difference? Is the camera on the white 18 car not as good?

Do you think the white 18 car has the newer NAC then looking at the pics of the screen menus in the advert?
i would say the NAC system is the same in both, just different theme or colour scheme perhaps and in terms of camera cant really tell...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hopefully someone with an 67/18reg will know if the camera is due to firmware. Or Atleast if it’s decent quality in low light.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
There clearly both NAC equipped.

I'd avoid the 68 plate due to the Arnold Clark sticker in the back window.

The 68 camera view looks different as it looks like it has the AUTO PARK ASSIST option fitted, clue is in the bottom corner of the screen.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that's the auto view setting. Wife's 3008 has that view and doesn't have park assist.

Think tha cars with park assist have and extra parking sensor at the side of the front bumper too.

Looked at loads of 18's for sale there. Seems some have the top view and some don't. Maybe to do with the build date of the car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think that's the auto view setting. Wife's 3008 has that view and doesn't have park assist.

Think tha cars with park assist have and extra parking sensor at the side of the front bumper too.

Looked at loads of 18's for sale there. Seems some have the top view and some don't. Maybe to do with the build date of the car.

Hi I have a 308sw GT 2016 180 BHP it has the SMEG system which has the Park Assist I find it starts up instantly no lag don't know about NAC there are 4 buttons on left of screen and 3 to the right.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, does anyone with a 67/18, have the NAC unit and the normal parking aids, have the top/aerial view on right of their screen for parking? Like the link to the 68reg car in my first post.

Or is just a rear view like the pic in my first post of the 18reg car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This one with NAC probably has VisioPark 1 camera with 180 angle, and this with SMEG+ has 130 angle camera which is really bad in dark.
Is there anything that can be done about using camera in dark? Mine is useless, even in my garage. Luckily I have rear parking sensors but the camera is useless at night.

Can you replace the camera?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 33 Posts