Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I am planning to buy a 308 SE 1.6 VTI 120 model, this has a 16 inch wheels as standard (which don't look that special), but the option for 17 inch wheels is also available (they look awesome!) and I am quite undecided on which wheel size to go for.

To be honest I like the looks of the 17 inch wheels way better, but I don't wanna sacrifice ride quality or wheels durability or run into any other tyre problems..

I'm not very clued up on the pros and cons of each variety especially when it comes to the 308.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Regards

LKI

·
Super Moderator
1,787 Posts
16's = better ride, 17's = better looks! I'd have 17's everytime!

C

·
0 Posts
There's very little in it in terms of ride. The 17's are firm, but the whole plot is very nicely damped so it's not at all crashy. The 308 does look rather smutty on the 17's! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got 18 inchers on my 308 so would imagine 16" a bit on the small side for the size of car. Incidently, my wheels look awsome and ride quality is still pretty good too.
No contest, go for the 17s

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got 18 inchers on my 308 so would imagine 16" a bit on the small side for the size of car. Incidently, my wheels look awsome and ride quality is still pretty good too.
No contest, go for the 17s
I'm thinking about fitting 18's to my 308 110 sport. Are there any alterations needed and what size tyres would suit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts