Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that replacing my wheels with 16-inchers might make my ride more comfortable. But before I go with it, i would like to know what you think and if anyone have tried, if so does it worth it?
Also what are the tires dimensions in this case? Are they 225/55 R16?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe that replacing my wheels with 16-inchers might make my ride more comfortable. But before I go with it, i would like to know what you think and if anyone have tried, if so does it worth it?
only tried 215/65r17 and 225/55r18 - there is a difference but not dramatic.
based on circumference these dimensions would be similar ;
205/70R16, 205/75R16, 215/70R16, 235/65R16, 255/60R16 etc. then you have to figure out if the calipers have enough room.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only tried 215/65r17 and 225/55r18 - there is a difference but not dramatic.
based on circumference these dimensions would be similar ;
205/70R16, 205/75R16, 215/70R16, 235/65R16, 255/60R16 etc. then you have to figure out if the calipers have enough room.
I was so focused on the wheelbase and ground clearance that i forgotten about the calipers.

I was at the dealership today and they too have voiced the same concerns. Unfortunately, they never tested 16 inchers on the 5008 so they couldn't say.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
What size wheels do you have now on the car?

16" Wheels are really small for such a large vehicle if you ask me. I have 17" winter alloys and the ride comfort is a little bit better compared to 18" summer wheels, but the difference is minor.
Wheels 17" - 19" are listed in the vehicle technical specs. Where I live if I would like to mount 16" wheels I would have to pay separately for a homologation process (about 70 Euros per change), to make sure those wheels are compatible with the vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What size wheels do you have now on the car?

16" Wheels are really small for such a large vehicle if you ask me. I have 17" winter alloys and the ride comfort is a little bit better compared to 18" summer wheels, but the difference is minor.
Wheels 17" - 19" are listed in the vehicle technical specs. Where I live if I would like to mount 16" wheels I would have to pay separately for a homologation process (about 70 Euros per change), to make sure those wheels are compatible with the vehicle.
My wheels' size is 18"
I have seen large Toyota SUVs with 16" wheels as a standard option which made me think of getting something like them myself. This way i will increase the ride comfort and save myself extra money :D

I have thought that the jump from 18" to 16" might show a significant difference unlike 18" to 17". Originally, i wanted to order Peugeot wheels from the dealership but i might stop by a wheels store and test with them for a compatible replacement.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have thought that the jump from 18" to 16" might show a significant difference unlike 18" to 17".
On my 206, RC/GTi180 so fairly stiff suspension setting, I can absolutely tell the difference between the 17" with 40 profile and 15" with 65. I'd call the difference significant, though that also includes the change from summer to winter (friction, so softer overall) tyres...

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wheels' size is 18"
I have seen large Toyota SUVs with 16" wheels as a standard option which made me think of getting something like them myself.
why not go 15? kia sportage often observed with 15" donald-duck type wheels. if they fit you would get the old french floating feeling back. and the suspension would probably last forever. the 5008 is a very light weight suv.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts