Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There iam having a bad time with my partners 2005 1.6 hdi which i believe is the dev36 engine.
Since we got it in about 6 months ago its always been sluggish which has got worse. When i first got it i did a timing belt and engine service oviously changing all the filters etc. As the lack of power eventually got worse which seemed to always be when the car was cold, (when warm seemed to boost and pull for fun) i decided to get it checked out on a computer which it came up with dpf reached max amount of regens and a fault suggesting the air boost sensor. (the one on top of the 4 way manifold.
I have changed the dpf for a brand new one and replaced said sensor and checked that there is plenty dpf fluid and had the car pluged in to reset the dpf counters codes.
The car now seems a bit better but is still not right and is now cutting out and coming up stop.
I have noticed that the turbo fins feel as though they are damaged and ive noticed that when the engine is turned of by the key the boost hose that comes out of the 4 way manifold is collapsing as the engine is turned off.

The car when driving does sound as though its sucking air and that there is a bit of a scraping noise in my opiion sounds like the turbo impellers hitting against the outer of the turbo.

As ive already spent quite abit on it from what ive tried to describe does anyone have any other suggestions other than replacing the turbo?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. My head is in bits with it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
you might want to consider a replacement turbo or just the cartridge they are not that dear , check out ebay its full of them :thumb:
very easy to change too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts