Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm really having trouble getting hold of a wheel trim. No breakers ever have any. There is this one on eBay that matches the style of my other trims.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-307-15-WHEEL-TRIM-X-1-HUB-CAP-308-406-GENUINE-9637630680-COLUMBIA/401871240237?epid=1205365863&hash=item5d91647c2d:g:njcAAOSwP-pdb4hn

I made offers of £11 and then £12.50. He said his minimum is £14. Am I being a tight git and should I just go ahead and offer the £14? I've bought a trim in the past in very good condition for £5 + £4.99 from another seller and I messaged him but he doesn't have any at the moment.

This one however has a small crack and a clip apparently half hanging off. I guess it would be ok? Is there a way to find out when his listing ends? I was thinking of asking him if he would accept £13 on the last day of listing if he hasn't sold it by then.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally would not buy a damaged item, especially a trim that would need, from the sounds of it, tying to the wheel to prevent it coming off!
Those are my thoughts too. I don't mind a few scratches but the clip is a bit of a concern. That's why I think the seller is asking too much and I pretty much told him that. It's maybe worth a punt at £10 but he's asking too much in my opinion. Also his listing says it'll be about 2 weeks until delivered. So I guess I'll have to continue to wait for another one to come up. I wish someone on these forums had one to sell.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry Gibbo, I completely missed your post. Thanks anyway.

I bought a trim for £14 which came yesterday. It was advertised on ebay as having some scuffs which is fine. However, it arrived with some chipped pieces from around the edge
Not sure what to do now. Would I be too fussy to expect him to replace it? :confused: I'm withholding submitting buyer feedback at the moment.

I know he has another for about the same price but that's the one I mentioned in my opening post with the clip hanging off the back so I wouldn't want him to replace it with that.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts