Peugeot Forums banner

15 tips you may not know about your 3008

32K views 73 replies 20 participants last post by  Bluehdi 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
#16 ·
Don't know what your dealerships are like, but if mine ran classes to explain the 3008, customers would be sitting there with a lot of head scratching, umms and errs, followed by total silence.

My salesman told me that everyone at the dealership had been away on a two day course, followed by a track day to test drive the cars, but admitted I probably knew more about the car than he did from exchanging information on this forum.

I can only assume that this two day course consisted of arriving at the hotel, getting totally pi**ed, and then having such a bad hangover during the day that nothing was learned. How else could a dozen salesman all come away knowing so very little??

#17 ·
From my experience, salesmen are just that; cars, carpets, widgets, you name it ......and they are about as loyal as the purveyors in the red light districts.
The best dealerships are the ones who are seriously professional and keep winning because of it. Surely they will work out that there is a need .

#18 ·
To be honest the lady at Peter Ambrose which is where i got mine from was very knowledgeable and spent an hour with me going through every button and switch in the car. She also knew about the sat nav issues and filled that form in first before doing anything else to give it time to connect, it didn`t however and took 2 days instead but i don`t think that was her fault but probably down to the crappy activation servers that Peugeot use. My first visit however was to a large franchise and they were a complete bunch of W*****s which is why i sourced an independent small dealer in the end.

Guess i was one of the lucky ones

#19 ·
In the defence of salesmen, they have an awful lot more complexity to deal with and generally a number of different models as well.
Just look at the massive list of 'features' one modern cars these days......I can remember when a radio was an option.....long before air conditioning or power steering.

#21 ·
Saw this online and thought of this thread:
Is it true that the reverse shift stop the radio from changing stations as well as lower the sound...this what I was told when I complained to Peugeot service center.

Answers
Yes, this is to allow you to hear the parking sensor. This can be disabled with a switch near the driver's door on older models or via the Vehicle parameters menu.
Not sure if that's the same with iCockpit!

#22 ·
One really useful thing if you have keyless entry.

If you forget the windows are open (or one) and the you've just got out of the car. Simply out your and on the handle and thumb on the door handle sensor an hold.. the car will then automatically close all the windows. Means you don't have to open the door and play with the window controls in a car park.

A useful, well thought out idea!

#29 ·
Selecting reverse gear automatically enables air recirculation, so that the exhaust fumes are not drawn into he cabin (apparently).

#31 ·
Discovered that the rear parcel shelf unclips and fits perfectly on top of the spare wheel and the boot floor still closes as normal.

Very useful when previous cars I've had to chuck it in the back seat area or leave it at home.

The new 3008 continues to surprise and delight!

#33 ·
I've found that i can fit 2 plastic bread trays, with the handles cut down, in the space between the spare and the underside of the boot floor when it's in the upper position. Excellent for storage.

#35 ·
Standard bread trays. If I knew how to post a picture without having to use Taptalk I would do. Uninstalled Taptalk as fed up with loads of unnecessary duplicate messages.

#41 ·
Not being able to find anywhere to store a pen in my 3008 GT, without it rattling around, I found a pen holder in front of the USB/12v charger socket. Just where the charging plate is.

Hadn't realised a pen sits nicely in this space - Very useful indeed.

#44 ·
No room in there as I keep my favourite thimble in the glovebox :lol:

Reactions: Nagaman
#51 ·
#54 ·
Thanks again, I'll take a look around eBay.

Anyone with any other suggestions on good ways of storing stuff in our 3008?

I already have the boot floor net, but the rings fitted to the car, means that the net doesn't lay on the floor, rather it sits higher, which means slimmer things slide about.

I think the lined spare wheel space which other than the wheel and toolkit is empty on mine, is probably a good bet, as stuff is all out of sight. The slim pizza/bread trays that I guess fit on top of the spare wheel, but still allow the boot floor to sit flush look a great idea.

#60 ·
Thanks for the info and photos - perfect for helping me decide :thumb:

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.