Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking around for a new motor and seen a 307 2006 136bhp with 120k for silly money any cons with the RHR engines?

I know they have a 6 speed and FAP I will remove that but if the clutch goes has anyone done a solid flywheel conversion on these with any issues ect

·
Registered
857 Posts
been looking around for a new motor and seen a 307 2006 136bhp with 120k for silly money any cons with the RHR engines?

I know they have a 6 speed and FAP I will remove that but if the clutch goes has anyone done a solid flywheel conversion on these with any issues ect
Hi
I have this engine on my 307 and i must say i'm very happy with it, haven't changed the clutch yet on mine so i can't comment on that..

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove a 307 136bhp few years ago and always liked how they pull cruising in 6th gear was not bad on the motorway some reviews online say 6th is pointless on these, when I was driving it seams good to me then again it only had 30k so was still tight there was not many round my area that where in my price range so I went with the 2.0 HDi 110, I want to stick with a 307 as I like them easy to get parts and cheap as well to service been looking at a 407 136 as well but it will be wasted on me as half the time am on my own in the car and seams a big bus lol,

can I ask how many miles is on yours? and what kind of MPG do you get have you had any issues with the engine or gearbox and fap if I can keep the fap I will but I may remove it and blank the EGR off as well as a remap some say they don't need a remap as they are quick already I would agree as the one I drove was great I might have to go and test drive some

are the miles a issue on these as the older 90/110 ones go well into 160+ without any big issues

thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have this engine as well, one of the best diesel engines made imho. 6th gear is always a nice thing to have. Mine's done about 130k km, well maintained thru its life and thus no problems at all. I'd buy it if service history is decent and it looks/feels good.

If your just using it for commute/not wanting to play racing driver, see if you can try an auto. Nice smooth gearbox.

I get about 0.6/mile (metric, 10km=mile), with the automatic and "active" driving.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the one ive seen has some service history but the dealer is not sure about the timing belt or clutch he did say that he would find out for me so 120k on these are nothing to worry about. do the autos not have issues as my dad had 407 that give bother with something in the box he traded it in for 407 coupe v6

·
Registered
160 Posts
the one ive seen has some service history but the dealer is not sure about the timing belt or clutch he did say that he would find out for me so 120k on these are nothing to worry about. do the autos not have issues as my dad had 407 that give bother with something in the box he traded it in for 407 coupe v6
Would really not know, all I can tell you is mine is fine. Probably better to go with a manual as its the safe way to go really.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Flywheel and DPF would be my only big concern blocked DPF can cause turbo problems and both are a nightmare to change in the 307 I believe its quicker to take the engine out to change the turbo but if it has good history shouldn't be a problem mine is on 140k now.

I blocked my EGR off as I was getting a juddering with cruse on at 70mph blanking cured this and increased MPG but it was probably sticking.
The EGR isn't easy to get off to clean or change but easy to blank.

Glow plugs are a pain in the arse to get at I haven't changed mine (and they aren't working) but the DPF appears to be regenerating anyway as I do regular long runs. Its been like this for at least 40k miles.

Cam belt is easy enough to do but I wouldn't go to the recommended intervals I think I did mine at 90k.
Other than that have only done the normal suspension/brakes service parts.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I drove a 307 136bhp few years ago and always liked how they pull cruising in 6th gear was not bad on the motorway some reviews online say 6th is pointless on these, when I was driving it seams good to me then again it only had 30k so was still tight there was not many round my area that where in my price range so I went with the 2.0 HDi 110, I want to stick with a 307 as I like them easy to get parts and cheap as well to service been looking at a 407 136 as well but it will be wasted on me as half the time am on my own in the car and seams a big bus lol,

can I ask how many miles is on yours? and what kind of MPG do you get have you had any issues with the engine or gearbox and fap if I can keep the fap I will but I may remove it and blank the EGR off as well as a remap some say they don't need a remap as they are quick already I would agree as the one I drove was great I might have to go and test drive some

are the miles a issue on these as the older 90/110 ones go well into 160+ without any big issues

thanks
Hi
Mine has done 79K miles so far, i bought it when it had 28k, so far no problems, but i can feel the clutch will need doing soon, also i'll have to do the timing belt and water pump too, refill the eolys tank, clean the egr.
It's on a jack at the moment as i'm changing the wishbones, balljoints, stabilizer bar links, track rod ends...
to me it's a nice car and i can't afford a new one so i'll have to look after this one for a few more years hopefully..

·
Registered
522 Posts
Think it's the same engine in my 308. I find it goes like whatsit off a shovel but then, of course, the fuel consumption suffers. On a run I can get over 50 mpg but local only and this drops down to the high 20's. Mine has the six speed fully auto box so losses through the torque convertor and constant gear changes during local runs is almost certainly the cause of the low mpg (plus my heavy right boot). Bypassing the EGR hasn't really made any difference to the mpg.

·
Registered
160 Posts
anyone know what sort off mpg can get out off these some say 55/60mpg were others say 33/38mpg

cheers
The lifetime reading on mine gives 0.6l/10km, or about 40 mpg. Mixed driving and I have a somewhat heavy foot.

60mpg seems a tall order. Maybe 50 with a manual and a lighter foot, but tbh 40 seems pretty good to me for what you get.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts