Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with when their RHR needed injector service? My car is 2006 with 100000 kms and someone suggested that the injectors could do with attention.

·
2,608 Posts
Why? My 407 rhr has done 160,000 miles and it ticks over ,drives well,no smoke,50 mpg..so why service them...what if any has made someone say that to you? perhaps your diesel is of poor quality and gums up the injectors...? Perhaps a can of injector cleaner would help that?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why? My 407 rhr has done 160,000 miles and it ticks over ,drives well,no smoke,50 mpg..so why service them...what if any has made someone say that to you? perhaps your diesel is of poor quality and gums up the injectors...? Perhaps a can of injector cleaner would help that?
And why I asked. To get it from someone else who has one. There's only two, literally, here in the country. Mine and one another. Yes, the diesel is pretty poor. At least it's cheap. US$1.03/us gal. A can of cleaner sounds like an idea. Thanks

·
2,608 Posts
And why I asked. To get it from someone else who has one. There's only two, literally, here in the country. Mine and one another. Yes, the diesel is pretty poor. At least it's cheap. US$1.03/us gal. A can of cleaner sounds like an idea. Thanks
Hi..the 'why' was to ask 'what made them say that?':thumb:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi..the 'why' was to ask 'what made them say that?':thumb:
Why the guy said that is because it's a common problem with other common rail diesels here in Ecuador.

I think the problem I have is a slight air leak into the fuel line. On occasion it doesn't want to start and needs a pump or two of the hand primer. I've replaced the most of the fuel line from the filter back. I believe the fuel filter distorting (allowing air to enter) is a known problem on 307 RHRs. 407s?

·
2,608 Posts
I cant say I've heard of the filter housing distorting but the push connectors can be troublesome..some thick grease over the connectors could help

·
11,830 Posts
My last 307 ran OK but would barely get 400 miles out of a full tank of diesel.

Had the injectors cleaned and refurbed and the next tankful and every one after did 500 miles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My last 307 ran OK but would barely get 400 miles out of a full tank of diesel.

Had the injectors cleaned and refurbed and the next tankful and every one after did 500 miles.
Very interesting. Which engine was that? DW10TD? ATED? RHR?

How many kms/miles was that at?

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
ALL 2 litres are DW10

The full peugeot code for an RHR is DW10 then ABC depending on age THEN TED4

So 8 valve would be DW10BTED
16 valve would be DW10BTED4 the 4 means 4 valves per cylinder

ANY 1 would benefit from cleaning IF they are clogged by bad fuel quality

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
No its not quite that simple all 16 valves always have a 4 at the end but there are so many variations and its possible the version codes are different in your country !

RHR and RHK are pretty much the same thing RHK is van version with a couple of block differences everything else is the same RHH is newer version of same thing

Ford and volvo also use the engine but they give them different codes again !!

RHW RHT is older 16 valve engine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts