Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.0 136bhp HDI is returning bad mpg all of a sudden. It is always better in summer bud not this bad in winter.
On a run at 80mph its getting 40mpg it used to do at least 45 on a run.
Even tootling around it had dropped 5-10mpg on average.

I have checked Diagbox and its not showing anything.
Occasionally on start up it misfires/runs rough but if you switch off and start again its fine it been doing that for a while now.
Its recently been serviced (and always is done on time)

Any ideas :confused: I am thinking MAF or injectors?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I pretty much live on the motorway and am getting no more than 45 average at the moment and that's staying below 60 whereas in summer I get 60-70mpg always.
It's this cold weather.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine got into high 50s (50-60mph driving) when much warmer :confused: why such a difference :confused:
Have never known a car have crap fuel economy because its cold.
My EGR is blanked off maybe that makes a bit of difference :confused:

G

·
0 Posts
If your EGR is blanked then the engine will take longer to warm up ( its only breathing fresh cold air, not the sooty hot exhaust gases ) which will affect the economy, along with possibly the extra strain on the alternator to power the heaters, the A/C to clear the screen etc.

These are all small increases in MPG but together will make a noticeable difference....:D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your EGR is blanked then the engine will take longer to warm up ( its only breathing fresh cold air, not the sooty hot exhaust gases ) which will affect the economy, along with possibly the extra strain on the alternator to power the heaters, the A/C to clear the screen etc.

These are all small increases in MPG but together will make a noticeable difference....:D
It was on a trip to the UK from France and was over 1k miles with only one stop for the ferry (about 2 hours)
It was that cold most of the time the AC wouldn't work :rolleyes: but maybe the extra heat if the EGR normally opens at cruising speed helps :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts