Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ,

I have looked at getting my car chipped, i drive all motorway and am hoping t get 800 miles out of my tank, i have been told i would get more fuel economy if i had the car chipped, is this a myth or has anyone had it?

To get my 800 miles i am like driving miss daisy and it can be annoying but as i do a hell of a lot of miles each year it is daft to drive ebrywhere with your right foot planted!!

Cheers

Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Getting your car chipped/remapped definately can help with economy, only problem is the extra power can be quite addictive! To get 800 miles per tank out of a 136 hdi I think would be quite difficult! You really must drive like a granny! I find mine quite thirsty!
Check out tunesideben posts on mapping. He was offering a good deal for feedback on this forum. If you do get it done please give us some feedback. I'm giving serious thought to getting mine done so I'd like to hear what you think.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill do that cheers, i do 25k a year just for work and it is all motorway, i normally drive well normal but this past month i thought if i drive like a granny it only adds about 5/10 mins on to my journey (because it is always stop and start on the M6) and i may save some money so i got 600 miles out of the last tank driving at 65/70 all the time, i have now dropped it to 60, have done 220 miles and the computer says i have 550 left in the tank so ill see how this goes over next week.

Diesel is getting so expensive and with no fuel card or money for fuel i have to look at some savings somewhere! Ill send a message and let you know what i find out :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts