Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 12v sockets in my last. car were live when the ignition was off. There was a option to have them on or off, I found it useful so left them permanently on. I'm guessing this is not possible on my 308GT

·
Registered
888 Posts
Nope. Unfortunately, it goes off immediately after switching engine off, the radio as well. Windows are powered just for approx. 20 sec. after that. Too bad.
On my old Scenic radio and windows stayed on for about 20 minutes after engine off. If one of doors opened within these 20 min. power goes off then.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
If I remember correctly he 307 SW had a permanently live one in the back. The 308 SW (early model) had both switched as does the current model.

It does seem odd that with two sockets in the SW one isn't permanently live. After all they do sell those 12v cooler boxes for the car. They don't work too well when the power is off. (It's very easy to have a safety cut off to save the battery).

·
Registered
542 Posts
Even if you have the ignition on, after a while the car will go into economy mode to protect the battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not worked out how turn the ignition on without starting the engine. Can switch on the Smeg+ if that's what you mean. Last few days wanted to open windows when parked as it's been so hot, but gave and opened the doors

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Have you got a keyless system on yours? On mine I just turn the key one notch. You don't have to turn it more and start it just to open the windows. But as said above you can only leave it like that for a time because the ECU will turn it off to stop the battery discharging too much.
I do this to pump the tyres up regularly as I don't want the engine running but need power to the 12v socket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you got a keyless system on yours? On mine I just turn the key one notch. You don't have to turn it more and start it just to open the windows. But as said above you can only leave it like that for a time because the ECU will turn it off to stop the battery discharging too much.
I do this to pump the tyres up regularly as I don't want the engine running but need power to the 12v socket.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sussed it out a while back. To turn on the ignition on mine (Kessy automatic) you press start button without foot on the brake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts