Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there.

The other morning one of my kids dropped a screw into the front 12V socket hole on our (307 SW XSI HDI). 54 Reg.

I heard it spark and she told me that she saw a spark also.

I managed to pull the screw out with a pair of tweezers,

When coming to try and charge the GPS I now find the 12V Sockets are not working.

The other thing that seems to have stopped working is the illumination for the buttons for the climate control when the headlights are on - Everything else seems to be fine.

I did the obvious and checked the fuses number 7 and 10 and both were fine and I knew they were as the Rear roof light, Front roof light, map reading light and Glove box light were all still working.

I checked my handbook and could not find any reference to the illumination for the buttons.

Hopefully one of the gurus out there will have some advice..

cheers..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haynes manual says that Fuse 12 (10A) in the BSI controls the RH Side lights, Licence Plate lamp,Instrument Lights, Cigarette Lighter & Headlamp Levelling
Thanks for that. What is weird is that all of the above are all working except the Cigarette Lighter! Frustrating :confused:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi there.

The other morning one of my kids dropped a screw into the front 12V socket hole on our (307 SW XSI HDI). 54 Reg.

I heard it spark and she told me that she saw a spark also.

I managed to pull the screw out with a pair of tweezers,

When coming to try and charge the GPS I now find the 12V Sockets are not working.

The other thing that seems to have stopped working is the illumination for the buttons for the climate control when the headlights are on - Everything else seems to be fine.

I did the obvious and checked the fuses number 7 and 10 and both were fine and I knew they were as the Rear roof light, Front roof light, map reading light and Glove box light were all still working.

I checked my handbook and could not find any reference to the illumination for the buttons.

Hopefully one of the gurus out there will have some advice..

cheers..
If the illumination for the heater still does not work, the likeliness is the two/three bulbs at the back are blown. You will need to remove the lower centre console partially to reveal two torx screws securing it in place. Then withdraw the heater control and twist the rear bulbs out and add new ones. 309T I believe they are if memory serves

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the illumination for the heater still does not work, the likeliness is the two/three bulbs at the back are blown. You will need to remove the lower centre console partially to reveal two torx screws securing it in place. Then withdraw the heater control and twist the rear bulbs out and add new ones. 309T I believe they are if memory serves
Thanks matt, I'll source some LEDS for the buttons.

Just for the record. this is what I am currently faced with (mines not green btw) -

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep the bulbs indeed... I know as I had this issue myself once. Yep obviously yours will be orange (green is citroen).
Nice one cheers. Just realized the ashtray light is dead as well. crazy to think one tiny little screw shorted out all this stuff!

·
Registered
343 Posts
You can do that one at the same time as the heater bulbs. The same trim has to be removed so tie them into one. Bear in mind though that bulb is different to the ones for the heater

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the cigarette lighter socket relay protected? Its possible this has also failed.
Hiya Gibbo,

Not 100% sure mate. where would I check this? Looks like you are a fellow Wirralian :thumb:

30amp fuse
thanks bettyswollocks. I will go and check every 30amp fuse in a bit. Still kinda weird that everything that needs a fuse is working though except for the 12V's :nono:

·
11,791 Posts
Hiya Gibbo,

Not 100% sure mate. where would I check this? Looks like you are a fellow Wirralian :thumb:

thanks bettyswollocks. I will go and check every 30amp fuse in a bit. Still kinda weird that everything that needs a fuse is working though except for the 12V's :nono:
Probably in the fusebox or engine bay fuses. I can't be certain as I've not checked the relays and fuse page in the manual, but I'd imagine a power system would have some extra protection than just a fuse, especially as the 307 has two sockets.

I'm in Oxton. If you want to nip over for a diagnostic or a look-see, feel free .:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Gibbo. If I cant get this sorted I am sure I'll be knocking on your door :)

I'm just over the flyover near arrowe park..

While searching for a soloution I found this but not sure exactly what it all means but the fuses are deffo F7 and F10 as indicated in the pdf in diagram 2

Peugeot 307 Wiring Diagram

·
11,791 Posts
You can view the drivers handbooks here:

INFOTEC - Peugeot Servicebox

12v socket in the back is fuse 10 and is 15A.

Fuse 12 is 10A and claims to handle "Front right side lights, rear right side lights, number plate and trailer lighting - Central locking switches/ alarm/ESP/hazard warning lights - Air conditioning/ash tray light - Heated seats switches - Lighter - Automatic gearbox switches - Headlamp beam corrector"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts