Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 12v wicket is not working (2016 308 1.6 blue hdi). I tried calling Peugeot to find out but they’re not picking up the phone. It will be easier if I change the fuse myself but I can’t be sure which one it is. I looked on a website fusebox That states it’s f15 in the glove box but I just want to be sure. Any help would be appreciated, also, has any one been able to connect their phones to give the car an internet connection? I did it once and had google up on the screen but I’ve never been able to do it again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Pull the fuse out and look at it, you'll see if it's dead.

Even if you don't see it, replace the fuse and test your socket: if it works, it was the fuse and it was THAT fuse. If it still doesn't work, you either replaced the wrong fuse or it's not fuse at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
12v socket help neefded please

Pull the fuse out and look at it, you'll see if it's dead.

Even if you don't see it, replace the fuse and test your socket: if it works, it was the fuse and it was THAT fuse. If it still doesn't work, you either replaced the wrong fuse or it's not fuse at all.
Yes I think I should be ok to do the deed itself I just don’t know how to find which fuse it is. Does anyone have a link where I could see the correct fuse layout please so I’m checking the right fuse. Thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the manual it shows two different layouts with no way of knowing which one applies to me. I guess by elimination I can work out which applies to me but has anyone ever done this? The fuses seem impossibly awkward to get to. To you first disconnect everything in front of it to gain access?

Yes I think I should be ok to do the deed itself I just don’t know how to find which fuse it is. Does anyone have a link where I could see the correct fuse layout please so I’m checking the right fuse. Thanks again[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
108 Posts
I checked the manual it shows two different layouts with no way of knowing which one applies to me. I guess by elimination I can work out which applies to me but has anyone ever done this? The fuses seem impossibly awkward to get to. To you first disconnect everything in front of it to gain access?

Yes I think I should be ok to do the deed itself I just don’t know how to find which fuse it is. Does anyone have a link where I could see the correct fuse layout please so I’m checking the right fuse. Thanks again
[/QUOTE]

When checking fuses all fuses that are used have a slot cut out on top of them so you can visible see if they have blown or not, so all you have to do is run along the line of fuses with a torch and your mark one eyeball and see if any have blown the metal strip that you can see, then which ever one has blown change it, they even colour code fuses nowadays so you replace like for like, but if its a 15a fuse it will be a blue colour, 10a is red.:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts