Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i have a 2006 (56) peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 110 and im wanting to fit my sony head unit that ive had in previous cars

I had it fitted to my X reg 206 that was standard iso connectors and was just a case of plug and play and worked fine

but the new 307's are not standard iso connectors i have purchased the wiring harness but it has a loose red wire that needs to be connected to a 12v gnition feed to allow the head unit to power up and im not sure where i can take a live from,
a friend of mine had a astra and says the cig lighter has a spare wire on it foe this purpose but this is not the case on the 307

any held would be greatly appreciated or i may have to swallow my pride and ask a auto electrition to have a look

Paul

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
hi all

i have a 2006 (56) peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 110 and im wanting to fit my sony head unit that ive had in previous cars

I had it fitted to my X reg 206 that was standard iso connectors and was just a case of plug and play and worked fine

but the new 307's are not standard iso connectors i have purchased the wiring harness but it has a loose red wire that needs to be connected to a 12v gnition feed to allow the head unit to power up and im not sure where i can take a live from,
a friend of mine had a astra and says the cig lighter has a spare wire on it foe this purpose but this is not the case on the 307

any held would be greatly appreciated or i may have to swallow my pride and ask a auto electrition to have a look

Paul
if you buy a multi meter and set it to 20v dc then put the black wire on a good ground the use the red wire to test ever wire behind radio with ignition on making a note of what wire has 12+ then test all the wires you had 12+ but this time with ignition off and see if you have one with no voltage this time if you do then that the wire to connect it to

1 - 2 of 2 Posts