Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gentleman I bought tantrum from told me the "belt" had been changed, but I have no receipts to prove this. I have a friend who has recently lost her citroen version due to her belt going at 98k.

I asked at my local garage and he thinks it will be in the region of £300.

I have no noises bangs or squeaks from anywhere, but I am concerned as cambelt replacement is mentioned as being 180k or 9 years for my model engine.

Does anyone know if this is about the right amount? I dare not call our local Peugeot dealer, as I would imagine I could add quite a bit more to it than that. I know it is a long job, but just want to make sure they are in the right area.

·
6,244 Posts
Water pump is driven by cam belt so good practice to replace as if it fails it takes out timing belt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for that, I had not realised, I will get him to give me a proper quote rather than his estimate, so I know exactly what I am in for. Is there anything else you would suggest I should get him to do at the same time ?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You would need to replace the coolant too as when you remove the pump it will need drained out so if the quote is for belt waterpump and the new coolant i would say thats a reasonable quote.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much, they are a local garage and have been good with things so far, a lot of locals do not like them as they are Bulgarian, but he has always been ok with me, language is sometimes a barrier, so if I know with a list what I need, I can give it to him. Thanks for that reply. will update once the job is done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts