Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't actually bought it yet therefore I can't post the last digits if the VIN.

All I want to know is whether the car has a DPF as that may not be good for me due to my annual mileage.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Do you have the Reg No.? I may be able to get the VIN from that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for that, however what am I looking regarding the dpf, it's all a series of numbers to me!

Couldn't pm you but thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
ok it says in the info "WITH PARTICLE EMISSION FILTER" so there's your answer, it does have a DPF.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Do you think I may run into problems as I only drive 10000 miles a year approximately and not on the motorways either a lot either???

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I wouldn't think you'd have any problems doing 10000 miles a year, it's doing mainly short runs that clogs the DPF. You will get a message on the dash if there is a risk of it clogging, in which case just go for a run at about 45mph+ for 15-20 minutes and all should be well.

·
12,095 Posts
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Do you think I may run into problems as I only drive 10000 miles a year approximately and not on the motorways either a lot either???

Thanks again!
The question you should ask if what sort of life the car has already had.

If its been a town pootler with little or no motorway use then the DPF and EGR valve will already be on their way to being blocked.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
All 92 hp cars have a DPF and they are not well suited to short journeys i have 1 here now its a 2010 citroen c3 and the DPF was blocked to the extent the car would not start turbo was so gummed up it would not turn !

Washed out the DPF replaced turbo and its now running and breathing properly as said above its not really your use that matters its how its been used already if low miles with lots of shopping and school runs i would walk away this c3 has 160k miles on it so plenty miles but still ended up blocked.

I also have a ford mondeo with the same 1.6 engine it has 300k miles on it driven hard all the time and it regens fine no issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts