Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently purchased a 107 - 2007 model with almost 60k on the clock - its got full service history - I will use it mainly to commute through rush hour traffic in Birmingham, and taking the kids here and there.

Anyway today it bleeped on reserve fuel - and within about 4 miles I filled the tank with 35.30 litres of regular unleaded £45.85. I've reset the trip to zero

The sweepstake therefor is how many miles will be on the trip before it bleeps at me again ?

I'm hoping for 350 !

(Its the xs sport model, which seems to be just a fancy trim - but it does have that twin exhaust)

C

·
0 Posts
The game is played like this - how many miles can you get out of the 1st bar on the fuel gauge? Best I've done is 137, which took some serious effort. There is a lad who's a serious hypermiler in his C1 who's done into the 150s a couple of times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The game is played like this - how many miles can you get out of the 1st bar on the fuel gauge? Best I've done is 137, which took some serious effort. There is a lad who's a serious hypermiler in his C1 who's done into the 150s a couple of times.
I presume by first bar - you mean after filling up ? - how many gallons approx does the first bar represent ?

C

·
0 Posts
I don't know for sure as the gauge isn't linear, but i would guess a touch under 2 gallons Imp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the first bar beeped at a paltry 86 miles !

Its probably the worst conditions to try and good mileage, cold and almost exclusivley rush hour traffic driving - got admit I was hoping for higher ?

Should I be concerned @ 43mpg ? - or is that within an acceptable range.

I always feel in traffic the car is about to stall, and seems to tick over lumpy -
The service book was last stamped in june 2012

C

·
0 Posts
I know young hot dogs who drive everywhere like their sphincter is ablaze and they get consumption in the 30's out of a 107. If you're doing short journeys in urban conditions 40s isn't surprising. High 50's low 60's is moral fr mine but I'm doing longer journeys mainly on fast roads.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it bleeped at me @ 304 miles - just under 40 mpg - but the last half tank I had drove very carefully after reading up on 'hypermiling' -

Given the cold weather and rush hour driving I mainly do, I am hopeful I can get closer to 50mpg - car might need a service as well

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just filled up and did ~240 miles of motorway driving and worked out I had only got around 46mpg. Very disappointed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am getting around 280 miles on a full tank on a 2012 model, my driving is all local and no motorway driving. That sounds poor?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts