Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a problem with headlights on my peugeot 107.
After last bulb went I replaced it with new set but one of them was like candle light not full on as it should be and on a dash high beam light is constantly on even if high beams are off. At first I thought it is wrong type of bulbs so bought another set which I know is correct but still the same.
Peugeot wants more time for investigation which I allready paid for 2 hours and they did not find a thing.
Did you guys had something similar and if what was or can be an issue?
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Gauge Tachometer

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have attached a wiring diagram for the lights on a 107. I am not sure if that is the right version for your car but if it is then it's highly likely fuse F6 has blown. If fuse F6 is blown the right hand headlight will get power through the high beam dash indicator light so it and both the high and low beam right hand sides lights will be on weakly.

If the fuse is okay it is possible that the white 3 pin plug at the headlights is not connecting properly.

Attachments

·
9,199 Posts
Or you have a faulty bulb which is earthing back via the main beam filament and not the bulb earth pin

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have attached a wiring diagram for the lights on a 107. I am not sure if that is the right version for your car but if it is then it's highly likely fuse F6 has blown. If fuse F6 is blown the right hand headlight will get power through the high beam dash indicator light so it and both the high and low beam right hand sides lights will be on weakly.

If the fuse is okay it is possible that the white 3 pin plug at the headlights is not connecting properly.
thank you for that, I'll try it when I get home. 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or you have a faulty bulb which is earthing back via the main beam filament and not the bulb earth pin

I have tried 2 different sets of bulbs and also spare one which was working ok. that's 5 bulbs in total and all with same result.

·
9,199 Posts
In that case it must be the earth feed to the light i would think

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
In that case it must be the earth feed to the light i would think

If the SEDRE wiring diagram I found is correct the headlight wiring is quite unusual. The high and low beams are powered by the same fuse (F6) so the switching appears to be on the earth side. The two dash lamps have their own fuse (F7) and if F6 blows it looks like the high beam low, beam and dash lamp are effectively connected in series and powered by F7.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts