Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have recently purchased a 2007 107 xs sport. It was a private sale and I was pleased with the price I paid.

I have noticed however - that when first starting - I struggle to get gears 1+2 - once the car has been running a little its fine.

Anyway Ive done the research and found that after 2009 a 'bigger' clutch was fitted - I phoned a couple of garages and got these responses:-

£350 inc vat + fitting.
He new about the 2009 clutch - took my reg - and then made some calls - and called back to confirm this new clutch would be ok in my car.

£288 inc vat + fitting
Took the year and model number. Then called back saying could fit me a japanese clutch for the above price. Also suggested it might noy need a new clutch just adjustment.

Questions

Are the above like for like quotes ? - or is the second cheaper quote - just putting in a pre 2009 clutch which may only last 20k miles

Is it a different clutch because it is an XS sport ?

Is the adjustment idea feasible (i made this mistake years ago - paid to have the clutch adjust - only for it to be replaced months later)

Thanks folks

D

·
0 Posts
Xs sport means nothing only a sporty marketing fancy!
Your clutch will be the same as the base model. The clutch is also weak on the same engined yaris, c1, sirion and justy.
The cables can be adjusted alright on the linkage on top of the box. Do this first before replacing the clutch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xs sport means nothing only a sporty marketing fancy!
Your clutch will be the same as the base model. The clutch is also weak on the same engined yaris, c1, sirion and justy.
The cables can be adjusted alright on the linkage on top of the box. Do this first before replacing the clutch.
Many thanks for the swift response

Is the clutch adjustment something I can do (zero mechanical experience) ?

Do you think the 2 prices I have been quoted above are for the same part ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts